Chit Chat
Options

Anniversaries

No, not monthaversaries.... Actual yearly anniversaries. Our 8 year anniversary is next weekend and I'm trying to think of some ideas. What do you usually do with your SO? Our anniversary dates really vary- Sometimes we are on vacation and sometimes we just stay home. I'm curious about what you all do.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Anniversaries

• Options
    We just get dinner and exchange small gifts. I usually try to get him some kind of Canadian candy/snacks that he's mentioned and he's gotten me jewelry and flowers.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    We go for dinner.  I'm trying to stay in the theme of traditional anniversary gifts, so we'll see how long I can last.  We also had guests sign cards with words of advice at our wedding instead of a guest book.  There are 4 for each year, years 1-5, so we open the cards over dinner and read what people wrote.  

I imagine we'd go on vacation one year, if our anniversary falls on spring break again.  It was on an early spring break, so usually we miss it by a few days.  

• Options
    Our anniversary is in the summer so we drive up the mountains to either hike or wander around a cute little mountain town. It's not anything big but I always enjoy it.

• Options
    For our first two anniversaries, we exchanged small gifts and went out to dinner. Not sure what we'll do for our fourth/first (we got married on our 3-year anniversary).
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    Sometime in January, we're like, "oh, hey, we've been together XX years!"  We have no idea what day it is, we just call it sometime in January.

I would like to do the traditional gifts once we're married.  Our wedding date is near a date when we're always at the beach with FI's family, so we may start taking a night to ourselves on those trips for a nice beach dinner.

• Options

We only got married a couple of months ago but on our dating anniversaries, we'd usually go out to dinner and exchange gifts. We've decided that for our first anniversary of being married we'll go away on a short weekend and probably get dinner.

• Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    We will only have been married 3 years this March. We are trying to do the 1st year paper, 2nd year cotton, etc gifts each year. We went out for dinner as well the first year, but last year my husband wasn't home. This year we will exchange leather or crystal/glass gifts, and if he's home, we'll also go out to dinner.  
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    We've only had two and we've been apart for both of them. However, this year, we're going away. I imagine going forward we'll try to do a vacation if we're living in the same state.

• Options
    We always did dinner and small gifts.  We got married on our 5th dating anniversary.  We plan to do small weekend getting away next year for our first anniversary.  I do think it would be fun though to do the traditional yearly gifts.  I would look at it as something fun and creative. 
  • Options
    Our dating anniversaries we usually go skiing. On our 9th, H proposed while on our ski trip. This year the snow wasn't good enough to spend so much so we stayed home and went out to see The Hobbit and had dinner after. We've been married 3 months so we haven't established what we will do for our wedding anniversaries yet.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We really didn't do anything for dating anniversaries, except for the time we went to Vegas, but that was purely coincidental timing. We have only been married 2 months, but we plan on taking little trips like to WI dells and other close places, and then maybe a big one at 5 years (our delayed honemoon, hahaha).
  • Options
    If we do anything we will go grab a nice dinner.  Anniversaries are just not a huge deal in our house.

• Options
    Ummmm... I honestly can't remember what we did for our first dating anniversary. Second was during our honeymoon (it's somewhere during the week after our wedding date, idk) - I remembered like 2 days later and said "oh hey we've been together 2 years now."

We'll probably do a little trip somewhere near our wedding anniversaries (as long as we don't have kids' school schedule to think about) since September is normally when we like to go on vacation anyway. For milestone anniversaries, we had people write special notes into our guest book (it had mini envelopes glued in) so we'll read those.

• Options

V and I have been dating for a year and 5 months. So we have had only one anniversary and we went out to a nice dinner and enjoy each other's company. It's during fall semester so we couldn't really go away or anything. That will change when we are finally done with school! But we still have grad school so I doubt we will do anything big for awhile.

• Options
    We still plan on celebrating our dating anniversary now that we are married. All that involves for us is going to a nice dinner. Our dating anniversary is 1/9, which is the day we come back from our honeymoon. Between wedding/honeymoon spending, we might forego a formal dating anniversary celebration this year.

For our wedding anniversary, I'd like to do a mini-weekend getaway. It's the day after Halloween, but we aren't huge Halloween people anyways. 
  • Options
    Our second date we consider the 'best date ever' and the moment where both of us kind of knew that this was something special. We had gone to this provincial park and wandered around and it down poured on us and it was just awesome. It definitely shows you a lot about a person when you get caught in the middle of no where in a torrential down pour and aren't dressed appropriately. I think the fact that both of us just laughed it off and continued on made us really understand each other and how compatible we were.

We've decided that's what we will do for our anniversaries. Go back to the park for a hike. I have a picture from our second date, and our first and second anniversaries in the same spot. It's never exactly on our anniversary seeing as we live 7 hours away now, but we try and get there at some point during that month to go. FI actually wanted to propose there but didn't want to wait until we went down again. So we had our engagement photos done there instead.

• Options
    We use the day we met as our dating anniversary, which is Valentine's day (Fi lucked out). So we usually had a nice meal out.
    This year we will have our last dating anniversary and get married less than a month after, so I'm looking forward as that being our big last date together alone; I hope we don't have any wedding planning talk. Depending on how many CC points we've raked up we might try and do a staycation for a night.

imageimage

• Options
    On our first dating anniversary we kind of recreated our first date. We had lunch at the same restaurant we had our date at, and went and saw the sequel to the movie we saw on our first date. Our second dating anniversary is coming up and, even though we got married this year, we will probably do the same thing because the third movie in the series is coming out.

As for our first wedding anniversary next year, we will probably go out for dinner. But we are planning another cruise around that time as well, so probably no gifts.
  • Options
    We mostly do a nice dinner. One year, we did do a trip to Dominican Republic. It was for our 10 year anniversary. The trip was actually a gift from FI for my bday, but we ended up going the week of our anniversary. My friends thought he was going to propose that time lol.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    FI and I make steak and crab at home for anniversaries/birthdays/Valentine's Day usually.  On milestone anniversaries I'm sure we'll do something fancier, but it's kind of nice when we can just celebrate with the two of us, some wine, cards, and little gifts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Well, we've only been married 6 months, but already have plans for our 1-year anniversary.  We will be on vacation with his parents, my parents, both our siblings, nieces & nephew.  Which seems fitting since they all went with us for our destination wedding / honeymoon (it wasn't as creepy as it sounds... and it was on a very large cruise ship).  And I love that both our families are getting along well enough to plan vacations together... it's really awesome for us. The trip officially ends the day before our anniversary, so we may just stay behind an extra day to enjoy the anniversary by ourselves... or just spend it at home (in bed) recuperating from a week with both our families.

• Options
    I don't know ours, hahaha, and I'd bet good money FI doesn't either. I know the day we got engaged for real, and the day we first started seriously talking about marriage, but I only have the most general of ideas of when we started doing whatever it was we did before we were engaged, haha - it was after Valentine's, but still in February, when we started talking, but we met closer to the end of February, and our first real dates were in early-mid-ish March.

I do want to follow the "traditional" gifts once we get married. Paper = tickets to something around that date, if possible. I don't know the rest hahahaha I'm horrible.

@MrsDee15 I honestly do not know what it is about your sig gif but I sit here and laugh at it every time you post. It makes me gleeful.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    hellohkbhellohkb mod
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2014
    Awesome! I always like to hear what others do for anniversaries, it seems like it really varies between everyone here. It's also nice to know that most people don't make a big production out of it. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    We don't know our dating anniversary, lol. I don't remember when we got engaged either...poor excuse for a woman, I guess. So we obviously don't celebrate now but we probably won't later either because we're just not romantic people. Sorry to be boring!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sometime in January, we're like, "oh, hey, we've been together XX years!"  We have no idea what day it is, we just call it sometime in January.

I would like to do the traditional gifts once we're married.  Our wedding date is near a date when we're always at the beach with FI's family, so we may start taking a night to ourselves on those trips for a nice beach dinner.
    thats how we are. feb something. we usually end up celebrating valentines day because we think we got together right after.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards