Chit Chat
Options

Not So Merry Christmas...

I just made a quick run to the grocery store to pick up last minute things, humming to myself as I put the items on the belt, I wished the bagger a Merry Christmas. She told me that this isn't a good holiday season for her. Sure enough, she didn't look happy. So I wished her a better New year and she thanked me.

I want to take a moment, to remember those who are suffering a loss, struggling with fertility issues, having financial difficulties and battling serious illnesses. 

Peace and hope.

Re: Not So Merry Christmas...

• Options
    Thank you
  • Options
    This is really sweet, mariepoppy. Thank you. It's super hard to have a happy holiday without the most important person in my family but I'm trying. Happy holidays to you and your family too!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Thanks for all the 'love its.'

• Options
    You are so thoughtful! <3
  • Options
    What a warm and caring thought MairePoppy. Many hugs and prayers from our family to those who need a big hug and a break.
  • Options
    You've been on my heart today as you celebrate your first Christmas without your mom, @ShesSoCold‌. Prayers for you and your family.
  • Options
    Thank you. My grandfather finally passed on Monday. We'll all have a drink for him tomorrow.

• Options
    I'm sorry for your losses @steph861 and @ShesSoCold.

• Options
    steph861 said:

Thank you. My grandfather finally passed on Monday. We'll all have a drink for him tomorrow.

I'm so sorry for your loss, too.
  • Options
    Good Words steph8861.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    What a lovely sentiment @MairePoppy‌ :awesome:
    I'm so sorry for your loss @steph861‌
    Holiday hugs & Christmas kisses to knotties everywhere :kiss:
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options

@novella1186 - It's nice that you have such a caring and thoughtful MIL.

• Options

@novella1186 - It's nice that you have such a caring and thoughtful MIL.

It really is. She's just too wonderful. I wasn't feeling good last night so I was lying on the couch, and she came in and sat next to me, and offered to make me tea, and she put her hand on my forehead to see if I had a fever. It was such a caring, motherly thing to do, and it was so kind, and such a simple gesture, but it meant a lot to me. I feel so lucky to be welcomed into such a great family.
  • Options

I am also glad that you have a wonderful and caring MIL @novella1186!  That touching hand-made gift made me tear up.  So sweet!  Isn't it amazing how such acts of kindness can impact you so deeply and make you tear up or cry in an instant, especially when you are going through tough times where other individuals aren't quite as caring?  I am so happy for you!  Correct me if I am wrong, but It sounds like your entire fiancé's family is full of great people.  That can be so nice especially after not being treated fairly. 

I was at my fiancé's family's place tonight and they are also wonderful people.  Even though I am not having my own family stuff going on, I am having friend drama where I was put in the middle and made to be a scapegoat.  Of course I am the one to suffer even though I was not a part of it.  I just wanted to be there for both of my friends and did not want to take sides.  It's just been really hard because I have tried to do everything possible for one friend, but it didn't seem to be enough.  Anyway, I can understand the crying thing in terms of being appreciative when you are treated nicely.  I was touched by my in-laws caring words and actions that it made me tear up as well.  It also made me realize that maybe there are others that do love and care for me. 

I am sincerely glad you felt that compassion @novella1186

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards