Wedding Party
Options

Bachelorette Weekend- Napa or Sonoma?

Hello,

This is a very specific question but our lovely bride would like to do a rental in Wine Country No. Cal. and we are not sure whether to look for houses in Sonoma or Napa. Does any one have insight into the positives of doing one over the other? Or we would love some input from folks who have gone on bachelorette (or girls) weekends in this area. If you have been to one, could you please share your positive and/or negative experiences? 

Thanks for the help,
MOH

Best Answer

Re: Bachelorette Weekend- Napa or Sonoma?

• Options
    Given the 6.0 earthquake in Napa this morning, you may want to rethink your plans.
  • Options
    I'd pick Sonoma over Napa, personally. 
  • Options
    Napa and sonoma a the counties are very different. Napa is very ritzy, albeit it snobby. There are almost 400 wineries that primarily focus on Cabernet sauvignon, sauvignon blanc and Chardonnay. It is essentially beginner wine tasting. As Most all wineries are on two roads. sonoma is more country rural and laid back. Primarily Pinot noir, Chardonnay and Zinfandel (red kind). There are about half the wineries that Napa has. Maybe 250. And the wineries are much more difficult to navigate. They are all tucked in hills and country roads. You have to really know the area and wines you like to know where to go. Sonoma the town is only 11 miles frm Napa the town. And it only takes about an hour to go from one end of each county to other. You can do both in a weekend really if you plan correctly. I would probably look to stay in Sonoma the town, healdsburg, St Helena, or Calistoga. All are very cute quintessential wine country towns. Good restaurant scene and jumping off points to the rest of areas. And as for impact on napa with August earthquake the only things that would cause you trouble would be if you had planned to go to Trefethen winery (barn closed - one showed on tv a lot) couple buildings down town. Other than that wineries all were fully operational within week or so of quake. There are only a few restaurants that closed permanently but none would be ones I would recommend going to. I am a napa resident an 2015 bride.
  • Options
    I got married in Sonoma County. Check out Yountville for a great little food haven. The town is so sweet!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards