Ohio-Northeast
Options

Desperate for a NE Ohio Reception venue

Hi!! I am having a really hard time finding a venue that fits our needs. We are looking for a NON party center or hotel that can accommodate between 200-250 guests. It is a must that we can bring in our own food and not use the venue's caterers (if they even have any). I LOVE the idea of a tent / barn / rustic / off beat wedding, but I feel like I've literally looked at every venue and nothing meets our needs. I love Ariel International Center, they are just really pricey, but still an option. I love the look of Brookside farms, but it's too far. Needs to be northeast Ohio or even Akron area. ANY suggestions?!!?!

Re: Desperate for a NE Ohio Reception venue

• Options
    beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    This is an international board section.

Also, doing your own food for 200-250 without a professional kitchen is going to be a logistical/sanitary nightmare. I don't recommend it.

@lyndausvi wanna move this to where she might get better input?
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    My BIL and SIL had their wedding reception at the Butler Art Museum in Youngstown and it was gorgeous.
  • Options
    Northeast Ohio covers a very wide area. Like, Ariel International and Brookside Farms are faaaaaaar away from each other! Where, specifically, are you looking? 

Are you trying to self-cater this thing, or do you just already have a caterer you really want to use? There aren't a lot of places around here that don't require certain ones already. 

• Options
    beethery said:
    This is an international board section.

Also, doing your own food for 200-250 without a professional kitchen is going to be a logistical/sanitary nightmare. I don't recommend it.

@lyndausvi wanna move this to where she might get better input?
    ok

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    There are a lot of fantastic venues in Cleveland. Cleveland Natural History Museum, Botanical Gardens, Museum of Art to name a few. We're using the Natural History Museum. I know it can accommodate that number, and the event planner has been very helpful so far. It doesn't require much decoration, though you can get a light package to do uplighting on the dinosaurs which is super cool (I've been to the Natural History Museum for similar events in the past and it's awesome). You do have to use one of their approved caterers, so if you change your mind about the caterer based on PPs, this could be an option. The caterer the museum uses has been really great to work with so far.
  • Options
    I would recommend checking out venues offered by either Cleveland Metroparks or one of the many city owned venues like a Community Center or even some of the Senior Centers are nice. I know that Mentor Senior Center for example has a full kitchen set up in it. Also check into local ethnic clubs like German American or Italian American or Irish American clubs. Most of them have venues and many of them will allow you to do your own food. But not all will if they have a deal set up with a caterer.
  • Options
    I would look into Happy Days Lodge or the Metroparks as @Erikan73 suggested. Happy Days has a list of approved caterers and I'm not sure the policies of the Metroparks when it comes to food/cooking/etc. I agree it will be difficult to cater that many guests without a kitchen.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Try Buffalo Creek in Seville (it's part of the Medina County Parks District). You can BYO food and alcohol.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for all the wonderful suggestions! As many of you have mentioned- we are going to go with a caterer. It's just not feasible to do it ourselves :/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards