Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Honeymoon Help! Looking for destination advice!

I am currently looking for advice on destinations on the east coast for a honeymoon in November. It would actually be the week of thanksgiving, I am looking for 5 days to a week time, we are slightly on a budget and not picky. We are adventurous people we like hiking fishing, but also enjoy a relaxing hotel room. We are up for anything, I am just struggling to find adventure! Thanks in advance!

Re: Honeymoon Help! Looking for destination advice!

• Options
    The east coast is such a large area. Can you narrow that down at all?

I don't know what kind of weather you're looking for (is cold ok?) but you could check out the Catskills in NY.
  • Options
    For something a little off the beaten path, look into the area around Charlottesville, VA. There are lots of beautiful wineries, multiple hiking options nearby in the Blue Ridge mountains, historic homes (Jefferson's Monticello, etc.), and other things to explore/do. Bonus - the weather in November is usually relatively mild in comparison to places a couple hours further north.
  • Options
    Cold is fine and can drive up to 9 hours either north or south, I'm looking for relaxing mostly something new a adventurous. 
  • Options
    You could check out Mohonk Mountain House in New Paltz (we got married there). Lots to do in the area and the grounds, but they also have an awesome spa. 

My parents also love Little Switzerland, NC. It's just outside of Asheville. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards