Chit Chat
Options

Merry Christmas! Thanks for the cold!

My aunt (who'll you remember from such events as crashing my rehearsal) was invited to my house for Christmas. When she got there, she told us that she was sick and had a fever of 101 the day before. 
Uh. I know it's Christmas and all, but maybe you could skip it this year instead of getting everyone sick? My 92 year old Grandma is sick now. I know that doesn't seem like a big deal, but every cold at that age is concerning, you know? 

And because I'm a paranoid weirdo, I keep thinking my throat hurts, and my body aches, and I'm overly tired. Gah! 

Re: Merry Christmas! Thanks for the cold!

• Options
    I feel your (maybe in your head) pain. 

My sister let me know yesterday my BIL has bronchitis. He found out the day after Christmas. I feel like my immune system is compromised by how much alcohol I consumed over the holiday and I am bound to get sick. 
  • Options
    My aunt (who'll you remember from such events as crashing my rehearsal) was invited to my house for Christmas. When she got there, she told us that she was sick and had a fever of 101 the day before. 
    Uh. I know it's Christmas and all, but maybe you could skip it this year instead of getting everyone sick? My 92 year old Grandma is sick now. I know that doesn't seem like a big deal, but every cold at that age is concerning, you know? 

And because I'm a paranoid weirdo, I keep thinking my throat hurts, and my body aches, and I'm overly tired. Gah! 
    UGHHHH I would've had a hard time not saying GTFO. My SIL and nephew were throwing up the day of Christmas Eve and when my brother said they were planning on coming over for dinner and presents not 8 hours later, I threw an absolute FIT (They ended up not coming over). Especially with how influenza/colds/other ickies have been this year. You just can't mess around with it. 

Lots of vit C and zinc for you!

• Options
    Wow. That's so annoying. I HATE when people do that! 

My aunt did that one Christmas when everyone had met up at a resort to celebrate together. She kept doing everything with us, going places with us, coming to our hotel room, etc, and then was like "By the way I've had a fever for a few days." Well sure enough on our last night at the resort, my sister and I and my cousin all spiked really bad fevers and got super sick so we were all up the entire night (and we were little, I think I was 4 and my cousin who's the oldest was maybe 7 or 8) so then all of our parents were also up the entire night. My mom was livid. 

If you're sick and you know it, maybe stay home. 
  • Options
    I wish she had mentioned something to one of us before. I would have told her to stay home! And I would have sent my parents over with food (dropped on her doorstep, of course!) 
  • Options
    maeday2 said:
    I feel your (maybe in your head) pain. 

My sister let me know yesterday my BIL has bronchitis. He found out the day after Christmas. I feel like my immune system is compromised by how much alcohol I consumed over the holiday and I am bound to get sick. 
    I LOVE your new siggy. Love. (But then I also have a bit of a girl crush on Dolly so maybe I'm biased) :P 
  • Options
    lovegood90lovegood90 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    Ahh that's so annoying and inconsiderate when people do that! I would have been pissed. You never know what someone's immune system is like so it's just not fair to do that to others. Especially your poor grandma!

My cousin stayed with me to visit a few months ago and neglected to tell me that she had a "small sniffle"-well it wasn't small because she was on all sorts of cough drugs the entire time. Then after she left my bf and I caught it and got quite sick right before our trip to Bali! He was so annoyed and actually told her off the next time he saw her, haha! At least she had the decency to feel bad.

Formerly martha1818

• Options

To the bolded - I'd be pissed!  One of my grandmothers was in and out of the hospital frequently with pneumonia or bronchitis.  If one of my family members knowing Gram's medical history/age knowingly exposed her to a cold/flu/whatever I would have had words with them!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I wish she had mentioned something to one of us before. I would have told her to stay home! And I would have sent my parents over with food (dropped on her doorstep thrown at her house from a moving car, of course!) 
    FTFY
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    Agreed- stay home!  I was supposed to go to my aunt's house for a bit the day after Christmas to see her and pick up some gifts my parents sent for fiance and I to her house.

On Christmas evening she sends an email saying she was in the ER the day before, found out she has acute bronchitis, and was tested for influenza A and something else (can't remember right now).  So I sent her one back saying I hoped she felt better soon but that I wasn't coming over until she was feeling a bit better.

Her birthday is NYE, so I'll give her a call and see how she's doing.
  • Options
    ShellD13 said:

To the bolded - I'd be pissed!  One of my grandmothers was in and out of the hospital frequently with pneumonia or bronchitis.  If one of my family members knowing Gram's medical history/age knowingly exposed her to a cold/flu/whatever I would have had words with them!
    Aaaaaaaand this is her MOTHER. It's not like it's my Gma from the other side. She's aware that my Gma is 92. We should be trying to keep her as healthy as possible! 
  • Options
    one christmas party we had about 4 or 5 of my cousins got sick . i lucked out and didnt get sick
  • Options
    My cousin brought his (unbeknownst to us) sick kids to Christmas, and now at least three of us have the flu. Cousin didn't want anyone finding out they were sick. Needless to say, we're pissed, and hoping our 89-year-old great-grandma stays healthy. Hope your grandma gets better soon!
  • Options
    PowerDoc said:
    My cousin brought his (unbeknownst to us) sick kids to Christmas, and now at least three of us have the flu. Cousin didn't want anyone finding out they were sick. Needless to say, we're pissed, and hoping our 89-year-old great-grandma stays healthy. Hope your grandma gets better soon!
    That sucks! I hope your Grandma doesn't get sick either! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards