Honeymoon Discussions

Kaui Hotel / Maui Hotel

Hi,
We are still trying to narrow down honeymoon....our travel agent suggested:
Kaui - Koa Kea Hotel And Resort, Kauai Marriott Resort, Sheraton Kauai Resort   
Maui - Hyatt Regency Maui Resort

Has anyone stayed at these hotels? Any feedback? We are working within a budget so the Grand Hyatts and Four Seasons probably would not work for us.

Thanks!

Re: Kaui Hotel / Maui Hotel

• I have not stayed, but I do know that Koa Kea is more of a boutique hotel and would be a little more adult oriented, but the Sheraton Kauai has an awesome beach!

• We are getting married on Kauai and so after buying and reading numerous books, I have some opinions about Kauai hotels, though no personal experience staying at them. I have been to Kauai before and enjoyed the two areas where these hotels are: South Shore and East Shore. 

The Koa Kea Hotel and Resort and the Sheraton Kauai Resort are both on the South Shore near/in Poipu. The South Shore is the sunniest/driest part of Kauai. It is a really fun area with lots of shops and restaurants and has some gorgeous beaches. Further from the airport and the more lush/tropical North Shore. 

Koa Kea Hotel and Resort has one of the best locations on the South Shore of Kauai: right next to Poipu Beach Park which is a fantastic beach. It's also supposed to be one of the best and most luxurious, but definitely costs more. The hotel restaurant Red Salt is supposed to be fantastic.

We are actually staying at the Sheraton Kauai for a few nights before our wedding. It was more affordable and has a really nice location, though not quite as nice as the Koa Kea. It is also on the South Shore of Kauai near Poipu and pretty close to Poipu Beach Park.

I don't know as much about the Kauai Marriott Resort, but it's on the East Shore near Lihue. This is near the airport and the more populated part of Kauai. Lots of shops and restaurants and easier to get to the North Shore. The traffic is a little heavier around here. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards