Wedding Reception Forum
Options

All things serveware

Plates:
I'm trying to order plates for the reception. We're serving BBQ pork and chicken with 2 sides and bread. I'm looking at the 9 inch ones (online because there isn't a store near me) and I'm wondering if these are going to be big enough. Has anyone run into a problem of having too-small plates before? Also, I'm planning on 250 guests, would 400 plates be enough? I'm trying to account for some people making more than one trip to the buffet line. 

Cups: 
We're going with 12-oz sized cups. In my head this will accommodate 1/2 a canned drink plus ice. Is that a good size? And I'm ordering enough for each person to go through 3-4 cups because I know most people probably won't hold on to the same cup all night.

Napkins:
I'm getting about 2500 for 250 people. I feel like this should be enough to accommodate dinner, cake, and drinks. 

Am I missing anything? Am I over or under doing anything?
Anniversary

Re: All things serveware

• Options
    Nine inch seems small for a dinner plate.  I would aim for more like 11 inches.

As for how many cups and such I have no idea.  Have you thought about pricing out what you may need with a rental company?  They may be able to help you determine how many of each item you need and then you can price compare else where.

• Options
    I can't comment on the number, but I can comment on the size of the plates. I have a set of 9 inch plates. They were labeled as salad plates. I like them because I can't load it up with as much food, and thus, I eat less. But I would say they're too small for dinner at a wedding. 

• Options
    Thats good to know about the plates. I will look for bigger ones. Thanks!!
    Anniversary

• Options
    Most dinner plates I've owned are between 10.25" - 11.25". Considering you're having a buffet, I'd stick closer to that size so people can fill their plates. (I like to avoid making a second trip.) 

Most people are going to put meat on one half, the two sides on the other half, and then a roll on top of everything. 9" would be too small for most people. I would try to get 11" plates if possible.

12 ounces is a decent size for a cup. I'd probably fill it with soda and keep the can with me so I could keep refilling as I drank it. (I don't use much ice.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards