Chit Chat

Death of the hair dryer?

I think not...

.image

full article - click

Anyone have any others?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: Death of the hair dryer?

• I don't even care if it works, I would not put those hideous gloves on my hands. 

Also...how 'bout just go down to the wally world and get a microfiber towel. 

• I don't even care if it works, I would not put those hideous gloves on my hands. 

Also...how 'bout just go down to the wally world and get a microfiber towel. 
    Exactly. NOPE.

P.S. This would NEVER work on my crazy thick hair.
  • Twice as fast as a towel is still not as fast as a hair dryer. Evaporation > capillary action.
  • It would take about 3 days to dry my hair like that. 2 of which would be from me laughing.

• I'd probably try em haha. I don't like to use heat on my hair (damage), so if I blow dry it takes a very long time on cool and my arms get tired, so I start slacking and then my hair usually gets tangled. Most days I just air dry, so this would still speed that up a bit.
  • Twice as fast as a towel is still not as fast as a hair dryer. Evaporation > capillary action.
    I was going to say the same thing! Twice as fast as a towel would still take my hair upwards of 3 hours. Hair dryer takes 8 minutes. 

• I always crack up at the "no-no" hair remover ads where they show a man and he's like "no more pain of waxing!" I'm sorry, some might be into the metro thing but I would never be with a man who waxed anything! 

• Yeah, no. I'm perfectly happy with my blow dryer. I'm not wearing oversized Elmo gloves to dry my hair.
  • jenna8984 said:
    I always crack up at the "no-no" hair remover ads where they show a man and he's like "no more pain of waxing!" I'm sorry, some might be into the metro thing but I would never be with a man who waxed anything! 
    My man used to wax, his chest hair always grew in weird and patchy. Then he got electrolysis.
  • larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    It would be faster and better looking if I just air-dried. LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I might own these.

I fucking love them. Of course I've got a pixie cut and not very thick hair so they work pretty well on my head. Plus I get a head massage (wifey has also used them on me cause she's a nice lady). I think they'd be great to use on kids...but they don't replace a blow dryer.
  • jenna8984 said:
    I always crack up at the "no-no" hair remover ads where they show a man and he's like "no more pain of waxing!" I'm sorry, some might be into the metro thing but I would never be with a man who waxed anything! 
    What is "metro" (Yuck. I hate that term.) about a man who waxes? I know some pretty manly men who wax (Like, real, actual lumberjacks. I run with an interesting group.) Back hair (and chest hair, IMO) is grody.
  • Not gonna lie, it's tempting. My hair is super curly, and a towel-dry flattens the curls, but a blow-dry just absolutely destroys my hair. This would get my scalp dry without pulling my curls apart. And I'm at home by myself, who cares if I wear silly fluffy gloves? (Except the cat. She will probably try to bite my hands if I get these.)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • I have the thinnest hair ever. I went downstairs this morning to stock the woodstove and my hair was dry right away. It also looked like a cotton candy explosion but that's irrelevant lol
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    I have the thinnest hair ever. I went downstairs this morning to stock the woodstove and my hair was dry right away. It also looked like a cotton candy explosion but that's irrelevant lol

This is me. I rarely blow dry my hair because it's s fine and thin. I let it air dry and it takes almost no time.
  • We just received something extremely similar for Christmas. But they're to dry the dog.

Ohhh Willy would love these after a bath! But he doesn't have much hair. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

• jenna8984 said:
    What is "metro" (Yuck. I hate that term.) about a man who waxes? I know some pretty manly men who wax (Like, real, actual lumberjacks. I run with an interesting group.) Back hair (and chest hair, IMO) is grody.
    From my understanding metro is just a term for going above and beyond the average male grooming habits, such as waxing, shaping eyebrows, hair products, designer clothing. I am personally not attracted to men who do that, I like em to be hairy (ok chest and beard, I'm not down with sweaterbacks), wearing Nike's and smell like Old Spice soap. lol 

• Ha ha.  Yeah, no, those would never dry my hair.  I'm about 20 min on a hair dryer to get it actually dry enough that I can use my straightener, though I usually still find damp spots.  I'm a wash/dry at night and sleep on it overnight to ensure it's fully dry and straighten in the morning.  

• jenna8984 said:

jenna8984 said:

From my understanding metro is just a term for going above and beyond the average male grooming habits, such as waxing, shaping eyebrows, hair products, designer clothing. I am personally not attracted to men who do that, I like em to be hairy (ok chest and beard, I'm not down with sweaterbacks), wearing Nike's and smell like Old Spice soap. lol 

-----preemptive box fix-----

Omg, SWEATERBACKS. I am dying over here.
  • I have fine, thin hair also. I know a blow dryer isn't great. But I need the boost at my roots to have something other than a limp mop. Plus, I get damage from squeezing my hair with a towel if I'm not careful. The Elmo texture is going to be ten times worse and dragging those through my hair will be probably more damaging than my cool/warm dryer. I can hold the dryer 3" from my wrist for well over 5 minutes, it's not too hot for my hair which takes 2 minutes to dry using the dryer.

Both my daughters have long hair, very straight but thick. Wash at night, wrap in microfiber towel while we read, take down and put in a very loose braid. Come morning, their hair is dry and not tangled. With the current single digit temperature, I did use the blow dryer, way too chilly in our historic house (aka drafty as sin) to run around with wet hair. They'll protest loudly if it's at all too warm. I can't see them sitting still for those gloves given some days, they're too wiggly to even brush their hair.
  • i would not put those ugly gloves on my fingers. i never use a blow dryer ( never liked to) and just let my hair air dry. 
  • Those things would break in my curly hair. I have broken several brushes and hair bands trying to tame my hair.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• huskypuppy14huskypuppy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2014
    jenna8984 said:
    jenna8984 said:
    I agree. I like a "man's man".  My husband has a beard and chest hair (which I find pretty hot). Wears hooded sweat shirts and likes beer and sports. He's a meat and potatoes man. 

Back hair is gross though.. yuck.

• jenna8984 said:
    jenna8984 said:
    I agree. I like a "man's man".  My husband has a beard and chest hair (which I find pretty hot). Wears hooded sweat shirts and likes beer and sports. He's a meat and potatoes man. 

Back hair is gross though.. yuck.
    This is why I hate the term "metro". A man who doesn't care about sports, cares about fashion, waxes his eyebrows, doesn't hunt, and eats a salad is no less of a man then a man who eats meat, drinks beer, and has eyebrows that look like two hairy catipillers trying to fuck. 

Saying one group of men is more manly, or more of a "man's man" is the same thing as saying women who don't wear make up or don't care about fashion, or do care about sports are somehow less womanly then women who wear heels and make up and don't know the difference between a touchdown and a home run.

Doing or not doing certain things doesn't make you more or less of a man/woman. It just makes you, you.
  • I tend to agree @princessofgenovia. My man manscapes (not waxing, but trimming), he just asked for "adult man shoes" for Christmas so that he's not running around in sneakers while we're out to dinner at decent places. He also wears hoodies and loves football...but watches The Voice and can cook/bake like nobody's business. I put him in no catogory...well, other than taken. :-) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards