Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Sparkler send off?

I need some help deciding whether or not I should go for the 36 inch sparklers which light for 4 minutes and have a longer stem to hold on to or just stick with the regular sparklers. HELP!

I'm on a budget. The 36 inch sparklers are 65.00 for 48. And the regular sparklers are 45.00 for 48.

Please tell me your opinion!

Re: Sparkler send off?

• Options
    Frankly I'd choose whichever are safer... Also four minutes sounds better for herding guests for a send off.

• Options
    I recently moved to PA, I dont know where you are located but this is honestly like firework country, you may want to check (call) some stores out here and see if you can have them shipped. They sell  50 packs of 36 inch sparklers out here for a few dollars, even shipped I think it would be cheaper.
    Just a thought...
  • Options
    Longer ones, because by time the last of the guests gets their sparkler lit, the first ones will be out if you go with the normal size ones.
  • Options
    JoanE2012 said:

ETA - If it were me and my budget was that tight that I was debating between saving $20, I'd nix the entire thing.  There are better places to use that money on things that will actually impact the guests.
    100% this.

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    JoanE2012 said:

ETA - If it were me and my budget was that tight that I was debating between saving $20, I'd nix the entire thing.  There are better places to use that money on things that will actually impact the guests.
    100% this.
    Third this.  We got some long sparklers, and the pictures were just....eh.  They're nice, but definitely not my favorites or all that jaw dropping.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Echoing all others who are saying to not do this at all. I went to a wedding over the summer with a sparkler send-off and to be honest... it sucked. NO ONE wanted to leave the dance floor to go outside and light sparklers. It was a fiasco and the bride was getting mad that no one was cooperating. It took too long for everyone to get a sparkler and light it, so by the time the last person had lit theirs, the first person's had already gone out. The photos weren't all that impressive either.

Just skip it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Will your venue even allow this?  It sounds dangerous.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    If you do decide to have the sparklers, def go for the longer ones.   It's more of a photo op then anything else, so I'm sure your photographer is going to need time to coordinate everyone lighting them and being in position.  
  • Options
    I would go with the longer ones.  Often the first ones are done before the last ones are even lit.

Also agree on checking with your venue.    We do not allow them at the club I work at.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Ever wonder why there are more photos of the unlit sparklers, signs and matches on pintrest than the actual send off?? Bc they are really hard to coordinate and and photos rarely turn out as good as you think they will. Sorry :(

If budget is an issue, skip it. If you really want it, the 36 inters are a most. After checking with your venue to see if sparklers are permitted, talk to your photog and ask if they have done them and how it work it.

Alternative, get some sparklers for you and your groom to take some photos with...snag a few of the bridal party to be in the photos and leave everyone one else not he dance floor.

I'll never understand who thought herding a bunch of drunk people to form a sparkler tunnel was a great idea...
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Ever wonder why there are more photos of the unlit sparklers, signs and matches on pintrest than the actual send off?? Bc they are really hard to coordinate and and photos rarely turn out as good as you think they will. Sorry :(

If budget is an issue, skip it. If you really want it, the 36 inters are a most. After checking with your venue to see if sparklers are permitted, talk to your photog and ask if they have done them and how it work it.

Alternative, get some sparklers for you and your groom to take some photos with...snag a few of the bridal party to be in the photos and leave everyone one else not he dance floor.

I'll never understand who thought herding a bunch of drunk people to form a sparkler tunnel was a great idea...
    This is a good idea -- just get a few and play around with them for a few minutes with the wedding party and the photog when it gets dark.

I've been to one wedding with this send-off thing and it was just really forced. I never saw the pictures. It was also awkward because we all went out there and did it but the bride and groom weren't leaving yet. 

I would get the long ones for sure but I agree, it may not be worth the effort. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards