Chit Chat
Options

Pinterest

Anyone else having randos pin and like your stuff you've had for ages all of a sudden?
Anniversary

Re: Pinterest

• Options
    Yes. I assume they found something through the search function and then looked at older pins. I like it when that happens!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Yes!  I had to turn off all notifications from pinterest because I kept getting ridiculous numbers of likes and re-pins.  And I'm rarely on there hardly ever pin anything when I am on.  I mostly just look at pictures on it.  I think I'm pinteresting wrong...

• Options
    I didn't think about the search function @hellohkb.

I recently sent in a suggestion saying we need an "I'm tired of seeing this" button.  I've seen the same damn pin about turning a hoodie into a stylish sweater so many times on my feed I'm tired of it!
    Anniversary

• Options
    I had a rando recently comment on a Game of Thrones wedding invitation pin I pinned a year ago to show DH. She said "you need to watch the TV show because weddings don't go well in Game of Thrones and I don't think it's a good idea for your wedding theme". Like, seriously? 

Anniversary
  • Options
    @LadyMillil - umm creepy much?
    Anniversary

• Options
    Yeah, it was starting to get ridiculous. I stopped paying attention to the notification thingy.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I recently sent in a suggestion saying we need an "I'm tired of seeing this" button.  I've seen the same damn pin about turning a hoodie into a stylish sweater so many times on my feed I'm tired of it!
    I would totally utilize this button. I hate all the same wedding pins, like the Honeymoon Fund jar people suggest to place at your wedding.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I've been getting a lot of notifiactions too.

This is what seems to get the most re-pins

Anniversary
  • Options
    This seems to be the one getting the most repins on mine:

It's a template for applique that I pinned when I was planning my SILs baby shower.

Anniversary

• Options
    I had a rando recently comment on a Game of Thrones wedding invitation pin I pinned a year ago to show DH. She said "you need to watch the TV show because weddings don't go well in Game of Thrones and I don't think it's a good idea for your wedding theme". Like, seriously? 
    WTH? What kind of a weirdo does that?
  • Options
    Pintrest makes me feel like a lazy, boring, uncreative loser. Like, why can't I find the time or energy or inspiration to make applique bibs for my friends' baby showers? Or make homemade Frozen-themed cupcakes for my goddaughter's birthday? Or scrapbook every detail of my wedding?!?

Despite the fact that it makes me feel like a worthless person, I recently started using it again as a way to bookmark wedding ideas. I fear slightly for my sanity.
  • Options
    hellohkb said:

I would totally utilize this button. I hate all the same wedding pins, like the Honeymoon Fund jar people suggest to place at your wedding.
    i would use this too. hate seeing the same things over and over. or the darn suggestions. seriously just because i looked up crochet patterns doesnt mean i want to see them all. 
  • Options
    That happened to me awhile ago with one of my pins. It's like the thing went fucking viral and I was getting 100 notifications in a day. I figured out how to turn it off and I just have Pinterest send me a weekly summary now instead.

• Options
    That happened to me awhile ago with one of my pins. It's like the thing went fucking viral and I was getting 100 notifications in a day. I figured out how to turn it off and I just have Pinterest send me a weekly summary now instead.
    @LaPeanut1018 you must tell me how to do this!

I've thought about creating 2 more boards - Successes and Fails
    So far my successes are hand making gift cards holders (embossed paper and felt), rainbow truffles, coconut cream dip, BLT salad, love spice, postcard cake, wreath snowman:
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimage
    imageimage

I don't have much in the way of fails to post because A) haven't done much and B) usually if they are fails I delete them.  We've got crockpot buffalo chicken sandwiches and exploding birthday cake:
    imageimage

To be fair I think the exploding cake didn't work because the person who was helping me put too much tape on it and didn't blow it up enough.
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards