Not Engaged Yet

Re: The Internet, WTF edition

• I'm really tired, so this is going through fewer filters than usual:

I'm torn between thinking this is a terrible idea and locked somewhere in squeeing over corgis. And I'm not a dog person.
  • Really fucking weird. I wonder if she's serious.

• Corgis are so cute!!! Obviously she wants no attention on herself as the bride, because I guarantee there will be plenty of eyes on the bouquets!

• I'm not comprehending. Do she and her FI have a thing for corgis? That's so random.

If I was a bridesmaid, though, I'd be 10,000% down for this. I would love to hold a corgi in someone's wedding!
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    But Why?

This seems like a really horrible idea. What if the dog pees on a bridesmaid during the ceremony?!

• Right?!  Don't get me wrong...I love dogs.  Especially small dogs.  Especially sweet, cuddly, adorable small dogs like corgis.

And I'm not 100% opposed to the practice of using one's dog in one's wedding (although my sweet Smudge would NOT be able to control herself).  But...as bouquets?  As a BM, I definitely would not be paying attention to anything except the ball of adorableness in my arms.
  • I love corgis.  My friend has one.  I cannot see a corgi wanting to be held long enough to serve as a bouquet.  That's just so absurd.

But yeah...Oh?  you're getting married over there?  Don't mind me I'm just cuddling this waddly ball of fur against my face.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • I have no words. Corgis are adorable, but this seems wrong on so many levels. As others have pointed out, there are so many different things that could go wrong with this.

• I find this wrong on so many levels.
    I don't think it's fair to hold a dog for who knows how long - corgi's are pretty active and I don't think they'd tolerate it.
    I generally don't mind dog's being used in weddings (as flower girl/ring bearer or walking the bride down the aisle) but the dog's should have some sort of purpose as it's part of the bride/groom's family - not a prop.
    As a bridesmaid - I wouldn't want to hold 25lb-30lb for a very long period of time.  Especially 25-30lbs that doesn't want to be held and is wiggling, could potentially bite me because I'm holding it against it's will.

Anniversary

I actually don't like corgis. :::::takes cover:::::

• So if I was a bridesmaid, I would have to quit because of psycho bride?  Awesome.

Note: I'm scared of dogs.  This is not a very cute trait.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton

Does she really think this will work?  And what person would lend their dog to a stranger to be a prop in their wedding?  I want to contact this person just so that I can find a way to get pictures/video of this circus. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards