Budget Weddings Forum
Options

In Search Of: Summer Camp (or similar) venue in E. NY/W. Mass/S. ME

Feeling a little overwhelmed. Is it the wedding-industrial complex? Is it my period? Is it my mother? Only time will tell.
I've been engaged about 2 weeks and we are in search of the perfect venue (for Fall 2016). 

We have to invite about 150 people.  I know you're going to say, "cut the guest list!" The guest list is non-negotiable.  Please don't tell me to cut the guest list, or say, "I know you said not to tell you this, but seriously, cut the guest list." I know. I'm not cutting the guest list.

Okay, so now that that's been said. 
Fiance and I are looking for a summer camp-ish venue.  We want overnight accommodations for 150 people (somewhere that provides linens, ideally) where we can party all night and then safely crash without driving.  We are not fancy people, but want the elders in our midst to be comfortable.  The food can be extremely minimal (think hot dogs, BBQ, whatever) and we can stick to wine and beer.  We want to be able to have a fire.  We are mainly musicians from NYC, with family from upstate and Maine.  It's going to be an affair - think summer camp meets family reunion meets music festival. 

We are looking to spend a total of about $6000-$7000 on the site rental and the food/booze.
I've looked at Camp Wing in Duxbury, Mass. and it's out of our price range.  I've looked at a few retreat centers but they don't allow alcohol (gasp). 

Does anyone have any creative suggestions? I'm already exhausted!

xoxo

Re: In Search Of: Summer Camp (or similar) venue in E. NY/W. Mass/S. ME

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards