Wedding Party
Options

How to go about asking someone to be your MOH

I have asked four friends to be in my wedding party as bridesmaids.  I wanted to take some time to figure out who I would want as my maid of honor.  After taking some time, I know who I want my MOH to be. My question is – is it weird to go back and ask the person to be a MOH after I already asked her to be in my wedding party? And how should I go about asking? 

Re: How to go about asking someone to be your MOH

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I would just tell her you didn't originally ask anyone to be your MOH but you've decided you want one and you want it to be her. Just a conversation over coffee (or over the phone if she isn't local) is all you really need.

Etf auto correct on mobile.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Yup doesn't have to be a big deal. My friend was going to ask me at our lunch plans one weekend, but she texted me a few days before and said "I'm too excited to wait until Saturday- will you be my maid of honor". I was excited and said yes. Pretty simple.

• Options
    Meet for drink of choice.
    "Want to be my MOH?"
    Hopefully she accepts.
    Enjoy beverages.

• Options
    "Friend, you mean a lot to me, and I was hoping you would be my Maid of Honor." 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Just ask them: "Jane, thank you so much for agreeing to be in my wedding party. I wasn't ready to ask this before, but would you be my maid of honor? You mean that much to me."
  • Options
    Yup, as PPs have said, don't over think it.

I think my conversation with mine went--

*yadda yadda yadda engagement excitement yadda yadda yadda wedding*
    "Oh....hey...shit, did I ask you to be my MOH yet?"
    "No."
    "Oh.  Well.  Would you?"
    "Obviously."
    Anniversary

• Options
    Just go out for lunch or drinks and tell her that you'd really like for her to be your MOH. No need to do more than that.
  • Options
    Agree with everyone else, just ask.. mine was a text that straight up said "It's payback time biotch.. be my MOH?" Yeah.. I was in hers last summer :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards