Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Missing photographer

So.. I've been married almost three months ( got married October 4). I booked a photographer and paid her over $2,000 dollars. The contract says that the pictures are "usually done from 6-12 weeks." The last I heard from her was october 30 telling me that the pictures should be done the following week. Since then I've emailed, called, texted, and Facebook messaged her and she has ignored me. 12 weeks is today and I don't know what to do. Any suggestions? This is really stressing me out. The most important thing that I paid for was the pictures and I'm worried sick that I won't get them.

I sent her through email, voicemail, text and fb, a message saying that she needs to respond since the contract said 6-12 weeks or I will have to make it a legal matter.. Well.. No response.

Also, she just moved to Nevbraska and I don't have a new mailing address for her. Super stressful.

Re: Missing photographer

• Options
    You should probably talk to a lawyer. Unfortunately it sounds like it's your option at this point, seeing as she won't respond and has moved out of state. GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    It sounds like you need to sue her.
  • Options
    I'm curious how many times you've emailed, texted, called and facebook messaged her.  I probably would've held off on the incessant contacting and threats of legal action with someone that has irreplaceable photos of my wedding.  I know you're anxious, but the contract says "USUALLY done within 12 weeks".  Of course, that doesn't excuse her lack of responsiveness.  Is she a reputable photographer with other reviews?

But now that you threatened her with legal action, suppose you can look into following up on this.  Lawyers aren't cheap, but you could probably try this through small claims court. Not sure how this works across state borders.   Good luck!
  • Options
    I haven't annoyed her too too much lol. I spoke with a bride that she photographed after me that is having an issue too. Also heard 12 other brides have a class action lawsuit against her. Not good! She said herself 12 weeks is the latest possible so I don't think the "usually" is a loop hole. I have a lawyer that is willing to send a certified letter, but I don't have her new address in Nebraska. Sketchy!
  • Options
    mld0730 said:
    I haven't annoyed her too too much lol. I spoke with a bride that she photographed after me that is having an issue too. Also heard 12 other brides have a class action lawsuit against her. Not good! She said herself 12 weeks is the latest possible so I don't think the "usually" is a loop hole. I have a lawyer that is willing to send a certified letter, but I don't have her new address in Nebraska. Sketchy!
    Uhhh, yeah, if you mentioned that in your OP I would have had a different response!

Good luck.  And don't forget to write a review and post on the different vendor sites.
  • Options
    If there's already a class action going on you should contact the lawyer handling that. Most likely you can join in on that instead of paying separately.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards