Honeymoon Discussions

Beach area in Costa Rica?

I have gone back and forth a million times, but think I FINALLYdecided on a honeymoon in Costa Rica! I am planning 4-5 nights in the Arenal area at Nayara, but definitely need some beach relaxation time as well. I prefer larger resorts, but found that most of them are very secluded so I would be stuck eating at the hotel everyday, and I'm not willing to pay $20pp for continental breakfast! I've looked at the all inclusives, Marriott, Hilton and Westin. I started researching Tamarindo a little and think that might be a good fit, but am open to other suggestions. ALso, for anyone that has stayed in Tamarindo do you have hotel recs? Would they be close enough to get a taxi into town to eat dinner and go out at night? Thanks!

Re: Beach area in Costa Rica?

• I went for a family vacation this past summer and we spent 4 days in the Arenal Area and 3 days at the Riu Palace. We did tons of walking around and ate lunch and dinner out of the hotel for every meal while we were in the Arenal Area. After 4 days of excursions (the ziplining with sky adventures is HIGHLY recommended) we transferred to the beach area. The resort we stayed at was all inclusive but was very secluded. The food was good and there were several restaurants to pick from, but you had to get reservations for them two or three days in advance. The buffet was still good and the food changed daily. It was the best vacation- by far- I have ever been on, but I preferred the adventurous Arenal area to the beach for sure. You got to soak up so much more of the culture.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards