Wedding Party
Options

Wedding Party Dilemma

How to explain this?

My ex-fiancé and I called off our wedding in 2013. We have remained a couple and has now proposed again!

The wedding will not be until 2016.

Am I supposed to ask the same girls to be bridesmaids? Would it be rude to not ask some if we are not close anymore?

Please help!

Re: Wedding Party Dilemma

• Options
    You are not "supposed" to ask anyone.  When you're about 9 months out from your wedding date, assess your relationships and ask yourself "Who am I closest to right now and want standing up there with me?"

So, you have plenty of time to figure that out and shouldn't be asking anyone right now anyway (there's no reason why preparing to be in a wedding should take longer than growing a human being).  As evidenced by your post, you know that relationships change so take awhile and put this on the back burner.
  • Options
    Yeah, I would definitely wait awhile until you have a few more things set in place before pressuring yourself too much to make a decision! 

I think, if you are still close with those girls, they might expect to get some kind of consideration, but I agree with PP - you don't have to ask anyone.
  • Options
    jacques27 said:
    You are not "supposed" to ask anyone.  When you're about 9 months out from your wedding date, assess your relationships and ask yourself "Who am I closest to right now and want standing up there with me?"

So, you have plenty of time to figure that out and shouldn't be asking anyone right now anyway (there's no reason why preparing to be in a wedding should take longer than growing a human being).  As evidenced by your post, you know that relationships change so take awhile and put this on the back burner.
    This. 100% 
  • Options
    this is my dilemma too!  i know i'm supposed to do what i want but i love these girls, its just circumstances have changed since the last time i was engaged. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards