Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

March or April wedding?

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this site, but these forums are already SO helpful! I got engaged the first week of December and it took a few weeks to decided against a CT wedding. Vegas it is! Given work schedules, etc, we are thinking of having it either Saturday, March 19th or Saturday, April 16th 2016. Looking at the average temperatures, I'm wondering if April is a better bet (we'd like to do the DDB and an outdoor afternoon ceremony), but are not sure if that is "peak" time, and therefore more expensive for our guests. Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks for your help! :) 
Marisa

Re: March or April wedding?

• Options
    I would caution you against March 19th, its the first weekend of the NCAA March Madness, sports books and bars will be insane and hotel prices will likely be higher as well.  It's a huge weekend there. 

Plus the weather will be much nicer in April.  March is still usually fairly cold (relatively speaking) and can be windy. 

Good luck and congratulations on your engagement!!!

We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • Options
    I'm doing April. I think March/April really depend on what events they have going on. I would recommend setting up room blocks when they become available to lock in prices to make sure you get the best rate for guests.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OMG good tip! I never even thought of that for March! I went to UConn, so I probably should have ::eek:: 

And good advice on the room blocks, as well! I'll set a reminder on my phone, so I can do it as soon as are available. One less thing to worry about. :) 
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!

Check the convention calendar too, http://www.vegasmeansbusiness.com/planning-tools/convention-calendar/

Sometimes there will be a random 150,000 person event hosted at a resort you were considering on the same dates.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    Thank you! That's really helpful! :) 
  • Options
    I have no useful info, sorry. But I just wanted to chime in and say that the advice from @vegasgroom and @ktbabe is the best. I'm doing April... but we had no reason for it. It was just random!
  • Options
    We are locals, getting married late March... and as far as weather goes? It's in the mid 60's here right now. March is generally in the 70s or higher. So weather shouldn't really be a determining factor for you. 

Events are usually a big issue for most brides. Definitely look at the calendars. It will all depend on what kind of wedding/events you are looking to have, where you want to stay, etc.

Personally I wouldn't let March Madness be a big issue. Sure, the sports books are busy, but it isn't physically held here so I don't see that being as big of a concern as, say, a UFC fight weekend. 

Lots of factors to look at! I'm sure you'll be able to find something that works :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm getting married this March! I don't regret the date we picked, but I do feel like it will come up very quickly after the holidays. I feel like I didn't get anything done for the wedding all December, and now I feel behind! So, if you usually exert a lot of effort on Christmas/New Years, take that into consideration!
  • Options
    I agree I wouldn't worry much about March Madness since the event isn't actually held there. Not like your wedding is going to be in the sports books. Rooms blocks are important especially since March and April is spring break. A lot of college kids will be headed to Vegas during those two month.
  • Options
    Even though the tournament isn't held in Vegas, everything will be more expensive/crowded due to the March Madness booking on top of spring break. I would avoid March like the plague.

Plus, the weather will be better in April. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards