Not Engaged Yet

Hi Guys!

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm not engaged yet, but I have a feeling it's coming soon. Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Screen Name: fenway214
Significant Other's Age: 26
What You Do: I'm a nurse and a full time student. Nursing is my second degree- my first was Microbiology (total nerd here!) but I wasn't happy with the job options available to me in that field. So I went back to school and now absolutely love my career!
What SO Does: He works in the Environmental Recreation field.
State of Relationship: Not engaged yet; living together quite happily
How Long You've Been Together: Almost 2 years
How You Met: We met on an online dating site. I used to be embarrassed to admit that, but hey- it worked and we're incredibly happy!
Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Nope!
Real Babies: Someday
Fur Babies: Fenway (as in Fenway Park- SO is a New Englander), our adorable, sweet and sassy 10 month old yellow lab
Loves: Dogs, the beach, the UP, craft beer, seafood
Hates: Being cold, popcorn, sad puppy commercials
Pet Peeves: Forks/knives scraping on plates, clutter, poor grammar, sloppy drunks
Hobbies/Activities: Cooking, traveling, reading, hiking, water sports- I'm a terrible athlete when it comes to team sports or anything involving a ball, but I can water ski like nobody's business.
Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is genuinely just a good person- truly one of the best men I know.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: I can't stand it when he tunes me out and later claims I never told him things- drives me nuts!!
Describe Your Personality: I am always laughing and am usually pretty optimistic.  I'm really competitive when it comes to nerdy things (like trivia). I love trying new things and I like to think I'm a pretty adventurous person.
Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Depends on the situation- if I'm really bothered by something in particular I can be pretty snarky, but usually I'm laid back. Overall maybe a 6??
I've Been On TK Since: About a month ago... ish. But I was engaged several years ago and lurked a lot back then.
How You Came to Be On TK: See above 
How I like my potatoes: Cheesy!

Favorite book/author: It's hard to pick just one... but actually, my true favorite is a kid's book- On the Night You Were Born, by Nancy Tillman. It's close to my heart for several reasons.
Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I found out just yesterday that I landed an awesome new job! I interviewed for the position back in November and almost felt like I was getting brushed off when I followed up with the HR department, so I had all but given up. It opens up so many doors for me and SO, so I'm super excited!

** Sorry if my spacing on here is a bit wonky, I can't figure out how to fix it. **

Re: Hi Guys!

• Well hi! Welcome!

You hate the cold, so you must be in hell right now. 

Have plans to watch the Patriots today?

This board DIES on the weekends, so don't be offended if you don't get many replies on this. The high traffic times are mornings on the week days. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • I AM in hell... I hate Michigan winters and am seriously considering a move down south. We are watching the Patriots game right now, and SO is grumpy. I have the flu so my butt has been on the couch for most of the afternoon. Thanks for the fyi about the boards being dead on the weekends!
  • I AM in hell... I hate Michigan winters and am seriously considering a move down south. We are watching the Patriots game right now, and SO is grumpy. I have the flu so my butt has been on the couch for most of the afternoon. Thanks for the fyi about the boards being dead on the weekends!
  • Congrats on the new job! I hope you feel better soon, too.

What has been your biggest Pinterest disaster?
  • Hi! Another Michigander here! I'm not very active on this board (I've been here on and off since September 2013), but I'd like to be, so I thought I'd say hello!

My fiance and I love craft beers too and Michigan is a great place for them. What's your favorite brewery? 

What kind of books do you like to read?
  • Welcome to the boards!

What dating site did you guys meet on? What kind of seafood is your favorite? YAY BIOLOGY (I'm a cell/molecular biologist).
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Welcome! Yay, a fellow hiker. What is the best hike you have ever done? Pictures of this awesome hike?
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hi!  Welcome!

Lots of nerds on this board.  :-)  It's a good place to be a nerd.

You have a puppy.  We demand pictures.
  • Welcome! Please post pics of your yellow lab. What is it's name? I have two black lab mixes now, and used to have two yellow lab mixes. Labs are the best!!

My DH and I met online (not a dating site, but close enough). I also am sometimes embarrassed by that, but 6.5 years in, who cares how you met, right?! DH is also originally from MI (Rochester Hills). We were there for Thanksgiving!

I'm also a water skiier. At least I used to be.... I'm old now, and 10 minutes of skiing will leave me sore for a week! I miss it, though. It's so awesome being out on the water like that!

Congratulations on the new job!

Now, what's your favorite alcohol?
    And what's your favorite cheese?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Welcome! I have a yellow lab! He is only 9 months but he love him to death! Pictures please!!
  • hello!  welcome!!
  • Welcome to the board!  I met H online (Match actually).  I'm not at all embarrased by it since it is so common now.  I also demand doggy pictures. :)
  • Welcome! I also met H online (OkCupid). It feels weird to talk about in person, but that's probably because everyone in our friend group met the old-fashioned way. But hey it worked for us!

I also demand puppy pictures. I have a black lab mix named Cinders. She's "cousin" to @southernpeach89's yellow lab.

Where in the south are you considering moving to? H's parents live in "Michiana", like literally 10 minutes from the Michigan border with Indiana. I enjoy visiting them but it's SO cold up there. I totally get wanting to move.

• HOOORRAAAYYY FENWAY!! I also demand pics. FI & I have a Golden Retriever named Violet, but we have plans for all our future dogs to have Red Sox/Patriots related names. We also have a cat named Brady, for obvious reasons :) 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Welcome and congrats on the new job!  Fleece lined leggings and tights help soooo much during harsh winters.  I mostly wear them under my work clothes.  

Furbaby pictures are a must.

• Welcome and congratulations on the job!
    I love yellow labs!And dream to have one when we stop renting.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards