Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Inexpensive Wedding Cakes

Looking for suggestions and/or recommendations for a local baker in the Cleveland area for an inexpensive wedding cake.  I was originally thinking we didn't want a cake but have decided to order one instead.  I have read some really great reviews about some places in the Lakewood/Rocky River area but some are expensive.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks! 

Re: Inexpensive Wedding Cakes

• Options
    We got ours from Tapps in Parma.  I've used them many other times in addition to our wedding cake.  I think it was $400 for a 4 tier cake which fed 200 people.
  • Options
    To save money we are doing a small cutting cake and having sheet cakes in the back to feed everyone.
  • Options
    We are using Acme, which is a local grocery chain in the Akron/Canton area.  I'm not sure if they are up in Cleveland or not.  Check with your local grocery store bakery. We found that they are often much cheaper than a stand alone bakery, and just as good!  

Like PP said, we are doing a small cake for us to cut and then sheet cakes in the back.  It cuts the cost significantly!
  • Options
    If you can do pick up of the cake, check out Giant Eagle. They don't do the fancy fondont cakes but I went to a wedding once that had one (cassada cake....yum) and a friend of mine used them too when her baker bailed out last minute & she said it was great. Because they don't do fondant they baked her cake within 12 hours of pickup & decorated it that day. She was very happy with outcome. Only bad part with Giant Eagle is that they don't deliver
  • Options
    Becker's and Wild Flour are both great and affordable bakeries on the West side. We were quoted around $700 for 3 tiers and sheet cake at Wild Flour to feed ~200 and slightly less at Becker's for 4 tiers plus extra sheet cake (all buttercream). We are going with Becker's because we preferred the taste of their fillings over Wild Flour and found Sue Becker's decorating elements to be unique without any extra cost for design. Wild Flour designs are beautiful and traditional but any individuality in design incurs extra cost. At either bakery you could do a smaller decorative cake and feed the majority of guests with sheet cake if you have a large number of guests and want to spend even less. I don't think you'd go wrong with either!
  • Options
    Julybridekay- 

Thank you very much for your insight.  I thought about reaching out to Wild Flour but found they were expensive from reading reviews and what not via the internet.  I was also referred to Create-a-cake in Lakewood.  Plan on visiting with them over the weekend to get ideas and costs.  I will for sure check out Becker's!  
  • Options
    We are looking at Great Scott's in Rocky River or Campbell's in Lakewood. Great Scott is great! They do wedding cakes and cupcakes. Campbell's only does cupcakes. We are looking into both places for our wedding cupcakes. I've found cupcakes are much cheaper! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards