Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

wedding registry when your flying back home

Ok so my fiance and I live in Florida and we're getting married in New Jersey where our family all lives. The one thing I'm not getting is what we do about the registry we can't fly any gifts back with us and I don't want my mom to have to personally send it all to us once we get back. Is there like a virtual registry or something? Do people just by it online and send it to our house in FL? that option makes the most sense.

hopefully some one can answer and make this click for me cause I'm not getting it for some reason.
thanks,
The almost Mrs. Martin. :)

Re: wedding registry when your flying back home

• Options
    msuprincess04msuprincess04 member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2015
    Yes. Most people will know you don't live in the area and will purchase things off your registry and have them delivered straight to your home in Florida. It's easy to do when they purchase stuff online or in store. For the few things that didn't get mailed directly there, it shouldn't be too much to get them mailed home. FedEx will even box and ship them if necessary. All your mom would need to do is drop them off. 

Skip the virtual registry. Those are rude since it's basically asking for money, which everyone knows is already an acceptable gift. 

ETA: clarity
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards