Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Save The Dates postcard wording on the back?

I designed postcard save the dates on Vistaprint and might start addressing them today.  I have a pic of the two of us and all the pertinent info on the front.  
Other than the addresses and stuff, what do I write on the back??  I already put all the info on the front that's pertinent... do I just put something like "Mark your calendar!  We're getting married!" or something?  I have no clue.  
I don't really want to write a ton because I'll be hand writing them by myself and I've got 100 to write.  

On the other hand... my mom told me to wait until about now to send out the Save The Dates.  I just read on 2 other topics that std's should be sent out 6-9 or 6-12 months ahead but I'm at 5 months out.  (Wedding is June 20th).  I do have out of state guests.  Should I send the std's anyway?  Or should I just skip them and send the invites?  I'd prefer to still send them out but if everyone says I shouldn't... well then I wasted the $30/40 I spent.  Could've been worse lol

Re: Save The Dates postcard wording on the back?

• Options
    All you put on the back are the names of the individual you are sending the STD to and their address. Nothing else is necessary.

I would send your STDs ASAP.  Because if you wait any longer they will really become rather pointless.  Of course you don't have to send them to everyone if you don't want to.  You can always just send them to your OOT guests and to your VIP guests.  Just remember that anyone who receives a STD must receive an invite.

• Options
    If you're going to send them, send them today. Your mom is right about the timeline, but you're not too far outside it, so I think it's fine. 

You don't need to write anything if you don't want to, but I think your examples are fine. We did postcards and wrote 2 sentences about our engagement and that we were looking forward to celebrating with them. 

I would put your return address on these postcards though. We didn't and ended up finding out down the road that several got lost in the mail. They were never returned (obviously) to us so we didn't even know until a few people were like, "Oh I'm so glad I got an invitation, I didn't think I was invited when I saw other people's STDs...." Yikes...
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Thanks guys!  I was totally at a loss!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards