Chit Chat
Options

White on white wedding

Hi everyone . I just got engaged and I'm planning my wedding . I always wanted a white and royal blue colors for my wedding. Now I'm so in love with the white on white. So delicate . But not sure what color dress I can use for my bridesmaid . Any suggestions?

Re: White on white wedding

• Options
    Literally anything would go with white, and dresses do not have to be part of the wedding colors.  What time of year is the wedding, what time of day is it, and what is the venue like (country club, hotel, park)?

• Options
    I've seen bridesmaids where white and I think it looks lovely. That is if you truly want an all white wedding.

Since you want to use royal blue, you could have your bridesmaids wear softer colors to tie in the royal blue and the white, such as a light grey.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    September , it's will be in the evening , it's in hotel . So you think I can still have my bridesmaids with a royal blue dress?
  • Options
    JCbride2015JCbride2015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015

Hi everyone . I just got engaged and I'm planning my wedding . I always wanted a white and royal blue colors for my wedding. Now I'm so in love with the white on white. So delicate . But not sure what color dress I can use for my bridesmaid . Any suggestions?
    You could totally put your BMs in white.  Or any light, soft color would look pretty: blush, very soft light blue like a cloud, soft light gray....

One word of caution, not based on anything you've said here but just based on some bad ideas I've seen around the forums.  Please do not try to ask your guests to wear all white.

Edited because I'm two beers in and that means I can't use words.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Noooo never that , just the decoration flowers etc..
  • Options
    September , it's will be in the evening , it's in hotel . So you think I can still have my bridesmaids with a royal blue dress?
  • Options
    Yes, I think royal blue for the evening in September is fine. Especially in a hotel setting.  I would try not to make everything matchy matchy with your colors, because that can look a bit dated.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Yes, I'm sure that would be lovely!  Ditto pp who said try not to make it to matchy-matchy with your decor. 

• Options
    I may be biased because my ladies wore royal blue in my September wedding, but I think it looks great!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    My BM wore white lace dresses that had a navy underlay. It looked beautiful, IMO.
  • Options
    Sure, that sounds good and I think it'll look very pretty.

Do you want this moved to the Attire and Accessories board?
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Royal blue is appropriate any time, any place, any season. Always.

I like the soft grey or white-on-blue ideas too.

FYI if you want to reply to a certain poster/comment, use the Quote button or tag their username with @.

ETA @kasmith1 your peeps look FANTASTIC.

• Options
    @kasmith1 LOVING THAT

• Options
    @kasmith1 that picture is fantastic! Everything about it is lovely.
  • Options
    My BMs wore royal blue. So many pretty dresses available in blue, and it's a very flattering color on many people.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Thank you ladies !
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards