Options

PRICES!!!

What are the approximate costs?  
For Photography?
DJ?
Flowers?
Cake?
Minister?

What have you guys paid or are going to pay?

If you guys can give me vendor names I can look up to get reasonable prices?

WE ARE IN  A BUDGETTTTTTT!!!! Smile

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!!!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: PRICES!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    For photographer, we're paying between $3-$4K. We wanted artistic, intimate and candid. The most expensive thing will be the albums. We are more than satisfied so far, our engagement pics came out fantastic! http://www.ionhartunian.com/

For DJ, we're paying the minimum package amount between $7-$800. This DJ has been very accomodating, versatile in all music and not only knows music, but LOVES music. He's still working on his website but you can find his info here... http://www.projectwedding.com/vendor/show/amazing-event-djs-amzdj

For flowers, we knew someone so we got a deal. But her info is Zen Gardens Floral. Let me know if want her info.

For cake, we did King's Hawaiian! They do great wedding cakes but nothing too fancy with the fondant and interesting designs. Cheap though, $200 feeding 97 people. Fantastic flavor options!

If anything, start by figuring out what is most important to you. For us, it was venue and photography. Even the dress for me wasn't as important.

We did get some tips- get the photographer you want, not one you can afford. We knew that going in and decided to up our photo budget by at least $1000. Also, video tape the ceremony because you won't remember anything or it goes by so fast. We're 2 weeks away and now wish we did hire a videographer but we'll work something out. Good luck! And start the planning ASAP! Because tone of little details come up in the last month and a half that you couldn't plan for! :)
  • Options
    Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well this is what we paid...but it all depends what you are looking for. I have all vendors information in my Married Bio. HTH!

For Photography?
    DH's parents paid for it and they chose the highest package which was 3,000...I know it's a lot but they also have packages starting at 1,000. It all depends what you want.

DJ?
    As for DJ, we paid $800, he was great and i believe his prices are going up.

Flowers?
    It also depends how many bouquets you need, ceremony decoration etc. We paid about 1,400 and that included all bouquets, boutonniere, ceremony arrangements, and reception flowers as well as flowers for the cake.

Cake?
    Cake was included in our reception hall. I have no idea how much they run for.

Minister?
    We got married by Church and it was $400.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_prices?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:68Discussion:631b4e33-5879-49fb-b00e-f524f4db3c9bPost:b9fd2ca3-2ff4-4d6b-a1ea-e4dff6d7b9f3">PRICES!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What are the approximate costs?   For Photography? DJ? Flowers? Cake? Minister? What have you guys paid or are going to pay? If you guys can give me vendor names I can look up to get reasonable prices? WE ARE IN  A BUDGETTTTTTT!!!! THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!!!
    Posted by joeymich[/QUOTE]

Photography - $2000 - we're using Kristine Ambrose. 8 hours, just photography with no album. We'll put our own albums together from the high-res disc.

DJ - $1,000. We're using Anthony from Feet First Entertainment

Flowers - not sure yet, hoping to keep it around $500 for personal flowers

Cake - a little under $500 for 75 people. Sugar Jones bakery. Best cake I've ever had.

Minister - we were going to use Chris, the Officiant Guy. (Actually his assistant, Steve). It's $550 for the whole shebang, which includes them getting the marriage license for you. However, my coworker was just ordained, so I'm going to talk to FI about having her do it.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For Photography?
    We decided to go with Nataly Lemus...so far she has been awesome! I fell in love with her work immediately and I knew thats who I wanted!!! She fell nicely in our budget so that was a plus of course.

When I looked into get pricing last year it was between $1200-$2000  and we got the package right in the middle and I plan to make an album online after we received CD.

DJ?
    We decided on After Dark Entertainment we are using him for Ceremony and Reception and if I remember correctly its $850 for 7 hrs.

Flowers?
    Blooming Flowers in the flower district recommended through another knottie whos wedding was amazing...I don't want to recommend them yet until after the wedding.

So far I've kept the bill at $1000
    Our wedding is small but I wanted LOTS of flowers....

Cake?
    We are having a themed wedding...Alice in Wonderland so the cake will be a main focual point so it was a splurge I must say. 3 layers ALOT of details and characters for $850.

Minister?
    Our DOC will be doing this for us and I still have no clue how much she is charging us lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For Photography?
    We are using hazelnutphotogrpahy.  We are paying around $2,500 for album, 8 hours, 2 shooters, rights to all photos

DJ?
    Creative Sounds DJ.  They came highly recommended.  It's $1,600 and includes 2 ppl, their own microphones and sound system.  They get there at 2 to set up even though wedding doesn't start until 4:30.

Flowers?
    These Buds A Blooming and about $2,000 for 140 people, 6 bms and 5 gm.

Cake?
    TC Bakery and it's around $500

Minister?  N/A
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For an affordable but very talented photographer, try Kenneth Selko at selkophotography.com.  He has been doing portraits, engagement photos, baby photos, pregnancy, parties, etc. and I know he just started doing weddings. 
  • Options
    lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well it really depends on how popular your venue/vendors are and if they are high end, mid-ranged, or low end.

For me:
    Photographer--got one of the least expensive packages and it was $2500

Florist--I am spending about $2300 for my small (under 100 ppl wedding)....but I love flowers was pretty specific about what I wanted.

Cake-about $400 or $500 I think.  I can't remember my mom paid for that part.

Minister--FREE--family friend

I am not using a DJ so I can't help you there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Knottie.
    I know what your going through. I FINALLY  found a photographer for my budget:  www.goesphotography.com and will continue to search for other great vendors.
    Next week are the florist and cake.
    Just want to pass on my post.

good luck,
    jacky

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards