Arizona-Phoenix

Nutrichef Honeymoon Scam?

I got a call stating I won a honeymoon package from Nutrichef. I've done some research and I've seen both yes and no's to if it's a scam. I'd be willing to give it a shot if I heard any actual stories or experiences of people who went on the trip. Several have said they signed up and took the opportunity but I have yet to read of anyone's experiences with their resorts. 

Has anyone went to the resorts and taken the trip? Was it a scam?

Re: Nutrichef Honeymoon Scam?

• These people are scam artist they want you to sign up for a time share! Don't waste your time going to the event or take their calls. Trust me. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So here's the deal. You go to their 1 hour and a half show where they show you their cook ware. Their "most popular" set is $3190 after a discount. You don't have to buy anything but you do have to sit through the presentation. The honeymoon package is 3 nights 4 days in a resort. The resort is all inclusive however you are responsible for airfare. Me and my fiancé did our research prior to attending the show. We called the resort and asked for the exact stay that is offered in the promotion for playa del Carmen in Mexico. The man said the total for the all inclusive package would be roughly 997 after I said "okay I'll think about it" he reduced it to 231/night for a total of $693. If taxes were the only thing we paid for the vacation, a 22% tax rate would be about $150. During the show they advised us that there is a $50 booking fee and that taxes and fees would come up to $60 per person per day. That's $120 per day. So the total to go on the "free" vacation would be $410 vs $693 that you would pay if you wanted to go on the vacation without the promo. Now the man from the resort did not advise me if the $693 included fees so it's still a discount BUT I would definitely not call it free. Each couple will decide whether it's worth it but to me? I'd like a time machine to get my time and gas back...oh and the free knife is free after 12.95 shipping
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards