Louisiana-New Orleans

Afterparty Venues?

Any suggestions for an after party venue?  Looking for ideas for 1.) post welcome/rehearsal dinner- something that will give out of towners a feel for the city  and 2.) post wedding in the quarter .  Thanks!!

Re: Afterparty Venues?

• Post wedding in the FQ could be anywhere!  Carousel Bar at Hotel Monteleone is great, but if it's busy, seating might be an issue.  May Bailey's at Dauphine Orleans is a great spot since it's a big lounge and not ultra packed, so people can still mingle within the group! 

Where is your Rehearsal Dinner (neighborhood)?
  • @aeb74 - thanks so much! Monteleone is lovely - but was worried about it being crowded ... rehearsal dinner is at the Audubon Clubhouse - but many of the guests will be staying in the quarter (and have never been to NOLA) - so figured best to keep everything downtown as opposed to uptown.
  • We actually rented the bar area at Tujacques for our after wedding party.  We put a certain amount of bar tab on our credit card and then had paid bar after that set limit if people wanted to keep on going.  They were great to work with.  It was just our guests and being one of the (if not the) oldest bars in NOLA it gave everyone a great experience :)
    dml
  • @danalambert thanks so much for the suggestion!
  • It is really all in what you're going for.  We are renting out The Dragon's Den off of Frenchman and holding a private concert for our after-party.  They charged us only for only the bar, and this is on the 1st saturday of JazzFest.  It's a bit of a dive though, but we were ok with that.  It was bought over by Maison, which is really nice and they renovated.  So hopefully it's a little better than I remember it.

However,  I second May Bailey's.  It's a really cool bar and very laid back.
  • Love May Bailey's.  We are for sure going to Tiki Tolteca (above Filipe's on Decatur) after our wedding.  It's a really cool space, great tiki drinks, and BOOZY GUMMY TIKI HEADS.  Yes, that is a thing.  It's fun place and there should be space for a decent crowd.  I think it recently won an award in Food & Wine magazine about being one of America's best new bars.  Worth a look!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards