Canada-Ontario

Pocket Invites -- Do It Yourself

Anyone tried making invites for their wedding themselves through any of the ones available online? We are considering doing this ourselves but wonder if the savings is worth the potential trouble.

Re: Pocket Invites -- Do It Yourself

• We ordered online and honestly, I don't think it ended up being any cheaper than if we had found someone locally to print them. We spent $750 on our set with outer and inner evelopes, and all the inserts. Plus, we still had to address everything and assemble them. We also went this route because we thought it would be cheapter, but I guess it is a matter of what do want and what can you afford.

DIY could potentially be cheaper, but you would have pay for the ink/printing costs. Have you looked at Michael's invitation sets? I know they routinely have coupons that make their products a decent price.
  • hi, we had our wedding in may and ordered mostly everything online.  We had approx 330 guests and spent around 700 on invites but I think they came out beautifully.  I had a designer on etsy design our inserts which only cost $50, all printing done at the local ups store on cardstock which was approximately 150 (bargain) and the rest of it was spent on glue, rhinestones, belly bands and the envelopes and card pockets from cards & pockets. 

I think if you have the time do it yourself, its worth it if you have a creative edge or just get them done elsewhere if you really dont have the time.  it can get stressful!!!
  • edited January 2015
    I ordered the pocket folds, mats and envelopes from Cards & Pockets and I found it to be considerably cheaper than making the pockets from scratch.  I bought some card stock on sale and will be printing the invitation and rsvp on that at home.  Michaels has 40% off coupons every week so that definitely came in handy for supplies.  When everything is said and done it should be around $150 for 75 invites.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards