Ohio-Northeast

Small, Unique Venues in NE Ohio

Hi everyone!

Out of state bride here, planning a small wedding of 40 people max for this summer in Northeast Ohio somewhere. My future husband grew up in Cleveland. Somewhere within a half hour of Lyndhurst would be best. We are looking for something small, cheap, preferably unique, and preferably with an outdoor space. Also, preferably somewhere that does their own catering, but either way, we can make it work. Any suggestions would be helpful! All the places we have looked at, liked and contacted have some sort of fatal flaw and it's driving me slowly into insanity. 

Anything and everything will help! Thank you!

Re: Small, Unique Venues in NE Ohio

• You'll probably have much better luck posting this on the Cleveland board. Basically anywhere in downtown or the East side of Cleveland will be within your half hour designation. Even Akron would only be 45 minutes, so that would open up a lot of other venues.

The only wedding I've been to in the immediate Cleveland area was at the House of Blues, which was definitely not cheap (although incredible). 

It's probably useful to know what "cheap" means to you, also. 
  • The do large groups, but I believe they can accomodate a smaller group also, check out Executive Carters of Landerhaven.. I don't know if I would call it unique but they have a nice garden area for an outdoor ceremony and it's located I believe Lyndhurst. Now for something more unique, check out Gamekeeper's Tavern in Chagrin Falls, it has a deck that overlooks the falls. Not sure if they an accommodate a small wedding reception, but doesn't hurt to call and ask. Give me a few days and I'll work on a few more ideas for you.

• Check out Punderson Lodge, I know they host weddings there. Since they are a lodge, they would be able to accomodate any OOT guests. It may be a little more then 30 minutes from your desired location, but not by much.

• If you don't mind a further trip, it would be more like 45 minutes I think, check out Debonne Winery out in Madison. They also have their own Brewery in case not all of your guests are wine drinkers. They have a nice gazebo overlook a wide open field where you can have the ceremony & then they have a seperate buidling where you can have the reception & if the weather is nice they can open all the windows to give you the feel of having an outdoor reception. Only thing though is I don't think the windows have screens, so depending on the timing of the wedding you may need to plan for some citronella candles (mosquitos can be bad around here sometimes in the summer). But you can get all sorts of decorative holders to put those in & no one will know the difference
  • Ok, came up with some more idea.

• Stonewater Golf Course - A friend of mine got married there two years ago and had a beautiful outside ceremony and then an indoor reception. They do have a new food company but I've eatten the food from that company from their other locations & it's very good. It's located in Willoughby so within the distance you wanted to stay in. http://www.stonewatergolf.com/-general-information
    • Aslo check out Nighttown.  I've heard it's a really fun place. According to their website they have a few different rooms available for private events and each one seems to have it's own feel to it.  http://www.nighttowncleveland.com/private-events/
    • Maggiano's has great food & I've known a few people who have had weddings there. Only down side is they don't have the option to have an outdoor ceremony  http://www.maggianos.com/locations/us/ohio/beachwood/beachwood-place-mall/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards