Wedding Reception Forum

Sound-Off: All-White Weddings

Hey Knotties!

All-white wedding decor—boring or beautiful? Let us know what you think! :)

Thanks!

(12/22)

Re: Sound-Off: All-White Weddings

• It depends on how it's used. I've seen some gorgeous, elegant weddings using all-white decor, and I've seen some that were rather plain.

The ones that were gorgeous involved a lot of candles and/or a variety of flowers in large centerpieces. I'll post some pics when I'm on my home computer.
  • It's situational. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I personally prefer a little color, but that's me.
  • I prefer a little color to make things pop. It all depends on your venue. If the walls, ceilings, floors, or tables are colorful, then all white decor can look really elegant and beautiful. 

If the whole venue is also white, I wouldn't want to move for fear of messing up the pristine picture.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've never seen an all-white wedding where I thought it was much more than just nice.  It's just too drab and boring for my taste.  I like simple, pretty, and elegant, but all white never quite hits pretty and elegant for me.  There needs to be a little more to it.  It has a very institutionalized feeling otherwise.  All white makes me want to test quite how cushy the walls are and find where I can check my jacket with overly-long arms.
  • edited December 2014
    I think the concept is great if executed well. A way to keep it from seeming flat could be using different textures,  like a linen tablecloth with a satin runner, overlay or napkins maybe. I have also seen white with a lot of plain glass vessels that is beautiful too and does not add or take away from the white.image
  • I think the concept is great if executed well. A way to keep it from seeming flat could be using different textures,  like a linen tablecloth with a satin runner, overlay or napkins maybe. I have also seen white with a lot of plain glass vessels that is beautiful too and does not add or take away from the white.image
    Agreed, or using touches of silver or gold. I think those metallic touches make a white wedding look beautiful and elegant.
  • Just like in home decor, if you have an entirely neutral palate, then you must have a lot of texture.
  • Beautiful with lots of sparkle and texture, boring if it's like the 1st pic Wriggley shared.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Stark, bland, blah.
  • Most Indoor venues I'm not really a fan. I second having a lot of textures if someone goes this route but outdoor weddings or very dramatic indoor spaces I love it. It seems the all white pairs well with these spaces making the venue the star.
  • Other than the main "bland/pretty" issue here. I like the idea of the transformation from an initial all-white look to a more vibrant party look with the up-lights. I saw that in a blog and thought it was nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards