Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Riu Palace Aruba or Renaissance Aruba?

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone been to either of these resorts? Which do you prefer? We are planning to go for our Honeymoon, but I am torn between the two! Also, we are looking to go the all-inclusive route.
Thanks for all the advice!

Re: Riu Palace Aruba or Renaissance Aruba?

• Options

I've been to the Renaissance. It's not a typical all inclusive, where as Riu is. That just means you have to buy a separate AI package for Renaissance.

The Renaissance is also downtown and the beach is only accessible via boat. You can't just walk out to it.  I personally was not a fan of that beach. The Riu has a nicer beach and is on a part of the island where many other resorts are located. The Renaissance kind of stands on its own.

• Options
    JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    Just a thought.....I know someone that stayed at the Riu and they said upon their return that they wished they didn't do the AI in Aruba because in that area, there were so many restaurants within walking distance.  But she felt tied to the AI because she already paid for it.  If you want AI, that's fine.....just throwing it out there that, unlike many other AIs where you don't leave the resort, Aruba (well, where the Riu is) is quite different.

**Note, I've never been to Aruba, though we are thinking about it for this year.  We will not be doing an AI there.
  • Options
    I have been to Aruba with girlfriends and we didnt do all-inclusive and had a great time.  We stayed at teh Marriot with is int the high-rise area of hotels.  The restaurants in town are amazing to be tied to a package.  I do know the Marriott does have a drink package and some meal packages so that you dont feel you are spending all day long.
  • Options
    Riu if you want all-inclusive, however Aruba is very nice and safe, so if you don't go the all-inclusive route there are a lot of nice restaurants and you can go explore the other hotels too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards