Maine

Questions about dress buying

I'm wondering how it works when you find the dress you want to purchase.  Do you pay for the whole cost up front or generally just a deposit?  If you paid just a deposit what was the percentage of the total amount?

I realize this probably varies quite a bit depending on the store, I just want to know what to expect when I go shopping.

Re: Questions about dress buying

• hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At David's Bridal - you pay the entire thing up front.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    At Andrea's in Portland, I think I paid half when I ordered it and half when I picked it up.
  • edited December 2011
    I paid for my dress in full.
    Married 9.4.11
  • edited December 2011
    I was able to pay a 30% deposit and put the rest on layaway at Sweet Love in Gardiner.

Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest

my read shelf:
    Esskem's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the feedback.  It sounds like it really varies a lot store to store.  I'm planning on paying the full amount up front and if it turns out otherwise then that works too!
  • amshaw1amshaw1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep, at Andrea's they offered for me to pay 50% as deposit but I paid in full.
    Alterations I paid 50% at my first fitting and the balance at final.

It is being pressed at the moment and I'm not sure if that costs anything.....
    actually if anyone knows let me know!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_questions-dress-buying?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:37b77ea8-aaad-4c80-bada-1674d6acf787Post:a78c7a40-fefe-406a-ab7d-c569c276a251">Re: Questions about dress buying</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yep, at Andrea's they offered for me to pay 50% as deposit but I paid in full. Alterations I paid 50% at my first fitting and the balance at final. It is being pressed at the moment and I'm not sure if that costs anything..... actually if anyone knows let me know!
    Posted by amshaw1[/QUOTE]

<div>If it's being pressed at Andrea's and you bought it there, the pressing is free (or at least included in the cost of the dress).  So exciting!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards