Attire & Accessories Forum

suggestions on how to make my wedding attire vintage

kellebelle12kellebelle12 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
edited January 2015 in Attire & Accessories Forum
 This is my dress. any suggestions for hair and such will be helpful!

Re: suggestions on how to make my wedding attire vintage

• NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    You look so happy! Your dress is beautiful and looks beautiful on you. You have a great shape! The dress really is glamorous so I'd make your hair and makeup dramatic. Add some flashy earrings, too.
  • Awh, Thank you. i have a hair style picked out that i think would look great. 
    http://www.pinterest.com/pin/52284045650183898/
    adding some bling in it
  • I would go with blingy earring and a blingy bracelet  -- you don't want to distract from the beautiful neckline of the dress. And you look fab!
  • i tried it on earlier this week to see if i should wear a necklace, what do ya'll think? its mint pearls which is one of my wedding colors,and having a plum corset ribbon.
  • augbride87augbride87 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2015
    I love that dress!! I think it needs a longer necklace though...if you even wear one!! I agree drop earrings and a great bracelet would work. A head piece like this would give it a vintage feel image
  • I probably wouldn't pair a necklace with that dress, but if I did I would have it be a Y shaped one or  just one with a pendant.
  • What era are you looking to emulate? There's a big difference between 1920s and 1960s vintage glamour, so I want to give you the best idea on how to give you the desired look.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• 1930's-1940's
  • Have you considered a juliet cap veil and finger waves? Or a faux fur wrap (if you're getting married in a colder month)? Perhaps gloves?

imageimage

• Well faux fur is definitely out of the question for a june wedding in texas. Lol. I how however did think about the Juliet cap veil. These are some great ideas. Thanks
  • Well faux fur is definitely out of the question for a june wedding in texas. Lol. I how however did think about the Juliet cap veil. These are some great ideas. Thanks

Definitely out then, haha! Let me know if you want more pictures. Vintage bridal looks are totally my bag.

• would you suggest an birdcage veil for this dress?
    and in what style

• would you suggest an birdcage veil for this dress?
    and in what style

Birdecage veils were popular in the 1940s so that would totally work with the vibe you're going for. Something simple like this, I think, would really complement your dress:

But just to throw this out there, I'm a huge fan of Juliet veils!
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    Why vintage?  The dress is beautiful on it's own, and there is nothing vintage about a strapless wedding dress.
    Vintage jewelry - classic pearls.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  •  i guess you could say were doing our own little style! but with a little vintage to it and some doctor who. My FI loves the 1940's, the style and such and we love Doctor Who.Even though my dress isn't vintage doesn't mean i cant incorporate it into my accessories to compliment the dress. i have gotten mint pearls to make a necklace but i don't think I'm wearing a necklace with my dress it just seems to take away from it. I might how ever make a bracelet for me.
  • A bird cage veil can definitely work.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards