Moms and Maids

MOH Help

So my MOH is basically Martha Stewart.  She's perfect for the job.  Everything was going great (she threw me a beautiful bridal shower) and we were just about to order their dresses when she like flipped out on me (out of now where) and basically said "f**k your wedding, it's stressing me out."  Like seriously. Out of now where. I was surprised and asked the other BM's if I was being crazy and overbearing.  They all said no. I honestly haven't asked them to do anything except pick out their dresses (literally, I let them pick out whatever they wanted under certain color guidelines) and get back to me. 

My MOH later apologized and said she took out some personal life stuff on me, but now I feel so weird.  It's almost wedding time and I'm having crazy body/stress issues and I would normally talk to her about it, but I feel like I can't. She was not just my MOH but one of my best friends.  I don't really know what to do and I don't want to bring anything up to her for fear of her being stressed by it.  Any advice? 

Re: MOH Help

• MOH has some personal issues going on right now... do you know what those are?  Reach out to her as a friend. See what is going on with her.  Put a pin in your wedding for a moment.  Even though you may not be over bearing with the wedding does not mean she may not put a lot of pressure on herself to be the best MOH.  Talk to her...maybe it will lead to talking about your stress.  If not, give her a break and see if this once you can talk to someone else. Mom, Fiance, another friend just this once?

Anniversary
  • I tried asking her about the personal stuff.  She didn't want to tell me. :/
  • Just be her friend and don't bring your wedding up to her unless she asks.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I hired a wedding planner. There is no job. That's why I'm so confused.  I'm not bringing anything up to her but it still makes me sad.  oh well. 
  • Your shower is over.  All she has to do is show up at the rehearsal dinner and wedding, right?  Let it go and enjoy your wedding. Many friendships are ruined over weddings.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards