Wedding Woes

Morning

My new recipe for dinner last night was really good.  The kiddo ate seconds, so we know we have a winner.  :) 

DH and I had a good heart to heart about work (again).  I think weekly pep talks will be a thing.  I hate that he hates work.  He's trying to make the best of it, but ugh.  His director really sucks.  

My bday is this week and I just don't care.  I think I really am adult now because I've stopped being excited about my birthday.  ;)

I'm looking forward to getting OOT this weekend. 

Re: Morning

• Yesterday was Son's turn to be sick.  Ugh.  I'm so ready for this crap to stop.  I feel terrible because there's nothing I can do.  I also don't want this to hit either DH or me.

The kitchen is done construction-wise.  Now I'm just working on curtains, wall decor and a new rug.  We'll also paint the back door but I don't care if it doesn't get done until spring.  DH is a little more antsy to do it now.

I scooped up the clothes Son left in the bathroom after his shower (he doesn't usually do that but he's sick so I forgive him) and threw them in the load I was taking down to the laundry room.  When it was time to put them in the dryer I discovered Son's phone in his pocket.  Ugh.
  • We thought Chuck E Cheese would be a little slow yesterday.  Nope.  Craziness and I think some of the parents were the worst.  I watched a mom push a kid out of the way to get a handful of tickets. 

Mountains and mountains of laundry today. 

Dh and I are trying to find a weekend to get away for our anniversary. 

• Oh, and I had to order a new computer this week.  Which makes me wonder if I can start writing that sort of thing off. I use it for work.
  • You probably can, 6.  But I'm not a tax expert. 

Y'all are celebrating 10 years this year, right?  (I only know this because you and my sister have the same anniversary :)).  Are you wanting a driving vacation or would you be willing to fly?

• It's 10.  We're just doing a night or two close to home. There is actually a B&B in a state park area we're looking at.
  • Morning. I hustled to get ready this morning and get the kids up and ready because I swore I had an early teleconference. I run upstairs, log in and start dialing into the teleconference number to realize that it's tomorrow. But at least I was up and I'm ready for the day, so there's that.

DD is in a miserable state. We ended up at the pedi yesterday because she woke up midway through her nap screaming and holding her head. She does not have an ear infection, which is good, but it's viral and we have to let it run it's course. She doesn't really want to eat or drink, so she's constipated (sorry for the TMI) and of course is unhappy about that. I keep trying to get her to drink water or Pedialyte but all she wants is milk. Thankfully, her fever seems gone.

DS is also in a state and I had two full on meltdowns from him over trivial things. I am so glad he's going to daycare today.

• the Mr. took the day because I had a meeting I couldn't miss and Buffy has an acute case of "itchy pink spots all over'  
    No idea why or what it is, but figured even if it's just an allergy, I can't send her to preschool until I know if she's contagious.
    (Damn being responsible)

BEtween that and the stress of the weekend (mostly having to put down kitty) and seeing a movie yesterday, my head hurts.
  • Got up early this morning to run out for a meeting that just ended.  Trying to get back into office mode.

Our coffee machine is broken. I am very sad about this.
  • I'm sorry about the kitty GBCK. :(
  • Oh GB, I didn't even see that.  I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Today was pajama day at daycare, and of course we forgot (i think they sent a text about it, but I've got more important things to remember than pre-K theme days), so kid was very upset when I dropped her off in her normal uniform. I felt bad because she was basically the only one in clothes so I rode home and got her PJs. It was annoying - and I've heard it gets worse in public schools - but made her happy, so I guess I get awesome mom points.

This weeks feels way too long, and it's only Tuesday. I need to get out of town and go somewhere - wanderlust in full effect.  Maybe I can talk DK into planning a weekend trip to San Antonio/ Austin/ somewhere drivable. 
  • I feel ya on traveling, Barbie.  At this point, I'd just settle for a night with DH without the kids. 

I think we are going to NC for DH's cousin's wedding in April.  I'm also hoping we can trek to Chicago to see our friends next month or in March.  We haven't seen them in forever and I feel terrible about it. 
  • in the plus side of kitty-ness, we did it at the right time.
    We didn't push her to it to soon, but we didn't wait to long.
    It's rare that you get to be as confident in that decision as we were.

Still sucks.  The Mr. is taking it hard and the kiddo isn't dealing w/ it at all.
  • I feel ya on traveling, Barbie.  At this point, I'd just settle for a night with DH without the kids. 

I think we are going to NC for DH's cousin's wedding in April.  I'm also hoping we can trek to Chicago to see our friends next month or in March.  We haven't seen them in forever and I feel terrible about it. 
    HA! we haven't had that since she was in the NICU - not really a romantic time. :-P

We'll get almost 2 weeks away in May, but I can't wait that long to go somewhere. 
  • We've been pretty lucky on overnights lately so I'm not about to complain. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards