Wedding Party
Options

Cost of Bridal Party Gifts?

edited January 2015 in Wedding Party
What is the appropriate amount of money to spend on each bridal party member?   How much did you spend on each?  

Re: Cost of Bridal Party Gifts?

• Options
    Its different for everyone. Whatever is thoughtful and in your budget will be fine. I spent $100 on each but I only had 2 girls. The officiant was a friend (free of charge) so I got her a $50 gift.

• Options
    I think I probably spent about $75-$100 on each of my three girls.  
    Anniversary

• Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    I spent $50 each.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    FI and I are each spending $80 (unusual amount but I had a very specific gift in mind) for my MoH and his BM.
  • Options
    I'm spending $50 as well, I have 5.
  • Options
    I'm spending about $100 on each of my 6 girls. I've had a very long engagement and started saving early on for their gifts. I bought them over time too, so the cost wasn't such a big hit at once. I think this question totally depends on you, your girls, and your budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @tcnoble I've been doing the same thing. Every time I see a sale, or have a little extra money I've been getting another gift. This way it isn't too much at once, and I can still get everything I want to. I'm probably spending about $100 each as well. But if I had to do it all at once, or had anymore girls it would have probably been less. Its really just the thought that counts, not how much you spend. So whatever you are able to/are comfortable with  will be perfectly fine.
  • Options
    It can depend on a variety of factors.   I think I spent between $75-$100 on each BM but that doesn't mean you have to.

The only time I think you need to make sure that gifts are more than a little token is when you are asking a lot of your WP to just be there.   If your wedding is in your hometown and they're flying in to attend it's one thing.   However if you're having a destination wedding in Punta Cana that requires a flight from each BM and a minimum 3 night stay in a resort, please don't give each BM a copy of Bridesmaids on Blue Ray and call it a day.
  • Options
    I spent about $30 a piece. I also gave them $100 gift cards towards the purchase of their dress. I know the gift card doesn't count as part of the gift, but I would have spent more on their gifts had I not done the gift card too.

I think it's more important that you give a thoughtful gift than how much you spend. Shop for them like it's their birthday, try to avoid matching gifts (my girls were really happy they got unique gifts), write a nice card, and you're good to go!
  • Options
    I'm going to end up spending about $100 or so on each of my girls, I got them their jewlery for the wedding along with a personalized bag and make up pouch that I'm going to fill with a day off emergency kit- I only have two girls though, if I had more than that I wouldn't be spending as much.
  • Options
    lbolton92 said:
    I'm going to end up spending about $100 or so on each of my girls, I got them their jewlery for the wedding along with a personalized bag and make up pouch that I'm going to fill with a day off emergency kit- I only have two girls though, if I had more than that I wouldn't be spending as much.

You realize this isn't a gift, right?  The jewelry is for you since it's part of their outfit for the wedding.  And a day-of emergency kit?  Don't do that.  Why aren't you shopping for stuff you know they'll individually like???

OP -- I spent anywhere from $45-65 for my 4 girls.

• Options
    vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2015
    I spent about $125-150 each, for my 3 girls.  I don't think it's the cost of the gift that matters most vs. buying something that you put some thought into, that they will love. 
  • Options
    I spent a little over $150 for each of my 8 bridesmaids.  Like one of the PP, I had a very long engagement and saved early for these.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards