Wedding Party

Bridesmaid gift suggestion

One of my BMs loves wine, so I wanted to get her a "wine of the month" gift for about 6 months.  Unfortunately, the websites I've been to say they don't ship to her state.  Does anyone have any other suggestions?  She will be traveling for my wedding, so I don't want to give her any wine, since it will be a pain in the ass for her to take back on a plane.  Also, she has a really unpredictable and sporadic work schedule, so I can't try to plan anything for her to actually do.

Thanks!

Re: Bridesmaid gift suggestion

• Shop for her as if you were shopping for her birthday or Christmas.

Since I don't know her, I can't be more specific than that without some more info about her personality, her likes, etc.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Shop for her as if you were shopping for her birthday or Christmas.

Since I don't know her, I can't be more specific than that without some more info about her personality, her likes, etc.

Yeah, I am - which is why I wanted to do the wine of the month thing.  But apparently you can't ship wine to Georgia?  Weird, but whatever.

Her interests are going to the beach (she lives near one), antiqueing (too hard to shop for that for her), traveling (can't help her there), and she loves wine.  That's why I wanted to go with the wine thing, but it seems hard since I can't give her wine at the wedding since traveling back would be a pain, and the wine of the month clubs don't ship to her state :(

• How about a gift card to a local (to her)  wine store and some wine accessories like glass markers, bottle stoppers, etc?

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• How about a gift card to a local (to her)  wine store and some wine accessories like glass markers, bottle stoppers, etc?
    Oh that's a great idea!!!  Thanks so much!  And that way I can actually give her something physical at my wedding, instead of only a gift card.  Thanks!
  • @dcbride86, another option would be a vacuum sealer for any leftover wine she has (I know, leftover wine is a myth to most people).
  • @dcbride86, another option would be a vacuum sealer for any leftover wine she has (I know, leftover wine is a myth to most people).

What is this?  I usually just finish mine to prevent any leftover wine hahaha
  • Since she loves wine, I'd suggest a really wine decanter, glass markers, the bottle stoppers or something to that affect.
  • Since she loves wine, I'd suggest a really wine decanter, glass markers, the bottle stoppers or something to that affect.
    I'm worried about anything big and glass like a decanter because I'm worried it might break when she travels home.  I love the idea of wine stoppers and stuff, though!!
  • dcbride86 said:
    Since she loves wine, I'd suggest a really wine decanter, glass markers, the bottle stoppers or something to that affect.
    I'm worried about anything big and glass like a decanter because I'm worried it might break when she travels home.  I love the idea of wine stoppers and stuff, though!!
    I don't know about size or how much you want to spend. But you could probably ship anything bigger to her house and just give her the small stuff at the wedding. That way it's not a thing she has to deal with getting home.
  • anjemon said:
    dcbride86 said:
    Since she loves wine, I'd suggest a really wine decanter, glass markers, the bottle stoppers or something to that affect.
    I don't know about size or how much you want to spend. But you could probably ship anything bigger to her house and just give her the small stuff at the wedding. That way it's not a thing she has to deal with getting home.
    I was about to suggest having it shipped to her house.  Oh, and I meant to say a "nice" wine decanter.  I swear I haven't been drinking wine already today...
  • anjemon said:
    dcbride86 said:
    I was about to suggest having it shipped to her house.  Oh, and I meant to say a "nice" wine decanter.  I swear I haven't been drinking wine already today...

hahaha that made me laugh.  That's a good idea!  I could just give her a picture of it.  I need to make sure she's a "decanter person" though - she might be more of a cheap wine that goes straight from the bottle to the glass person haha
  • Props to you for realizing that trying to transport a bottle of wine or a any type of glassware on a plane would be a pain in the neck. I feel like some people wouldn't even consider that, and then their BM would be stuck paying to check their bag, paying for a wine-protector bag to prevent breakage/spillage, etc.

The gift card to a local wine store is a good idea (Total Wine, if she has one near her? It's awesome) like PP's have mentioned. You could also research and see if she has any local wineries in her area, and buy her a gift certificate so she can do a tasting & then purchase a bottle or two of whatever she likes from the tasting. As a wine fan myself, that would be an awesome gift. Most wine fans already have all the fancy accessories that they need (Decanter, corkscrews, stoppers, etc.)
    --

• hsgator said:
    Props to you for realizing that trying to transport a bottle of wine or a any type of glassware on a plane would be a pain in the neck. I feel like some people wouldn't even consider that, and then their BM would be stuck paying to check their bag, paying for a wine-protector bag to prevent breakage/spillage, etc.

The gift card to a local wine store is a good idea (Total Wine, if she has one near her? It's awesome) like PP's have mentioned. You could also research and see if she has any local wineries in her area, and buy her a gift certificate so she can do a tasting & then purchase a bottle or two of whatever she likes from the tasting. As a wine fan myself, that would be an awesome gift. Most wine fans already have all the fancy accessories that they need (Decanter, corkscrews, stoppers, etc.)

Thanks for giving me props, although I don't think I deserve them.  I just wouldn't want a BM gift to be more trouble than it's worth.  That doesn't really sound like a gift at all.

I thought about this, but then I'd be worried about also wanting to book transportation for her to and from the winery, which would probably require me to know a date...

• Did you think about a nice aerator as the physical gift portion? That's one thing that lots of wine fans don't splurge on for themselves, so it might be more likely she could use it (and they improve the taste of cheap wine too...)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amelisha said:
    Did you think about a nice aerator as the physical gift portion? That's one thing that lots of wine fans don't splurge on for themselves, so it might be more likely she could use it (and they improve the taste of cheap wine too...)
    Oooh that's a great idea!!  Do you have a brand you recommend?
  • I was about to second a gift card to her local wine store.  Or, does she have any vineyards close by? 

• dcbride86 said:
    You can have it shipped directly to her house.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards