Knottie Tech Help

Website Issue

I sent an email 10 days ago to membersupport@theknot.com and have not received a response, so I will try here.

I am experiencing two issues with my wedding website. First, when I tried creating, I somehow created one with the old template and one with the new format. I cannot edit the one with the old format, so I need that one deleted (http://www.theknot.com/wedding/Kooi-Smaxwill). The other one I was able to build and edit information (http://www.theknot.com/us/vanessa-kooi-and-eric-smaxwill-sep-2015) I am having issues accessing it now (to edit or view from my account or manually typing in the URL). I get an error that says "

400 Bad Request

Request Header Or Cookie Too Large

nginx"

I want to make it is working correctly, not sure if having 2 is what is causing the issue. 

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Website Issue

• The same thing is happening to me and has been happening for 2 weeks now!!! I need to update my hotel info and It is not letting me!!!!
  • Hi There,

I'm so sorry for the delay, I'll definitely send this over to our tech team and try to get it resolved quickly. I'll also make sure your old wedding website gets deleted. If you run into anymore issues please let me know.

Thanks!
    KR
  • edited December 2014
    Hi @KnotRiley,

I am also having issues with the website. I'm not able to edit my old wedding website. The knot.com keeps prompting me to the new website with the URL that starts with www.theknot.com/us/ but the problem is that our invites have the old URL on them (the one that starts with www.theknot.com/wedding/).

Is there any way for me to access the old website to edit it? And if not, is there a way so that the old URL can be redirected to the new one? I sent an email to the tech team however I haven't heard back from them yet.

Thanks!
  • I am trying to access my website that I made and cannot do it, it only redirects me to a new one... Invites are being printed as we speak with the address, but I need to update information, will the old URL be redirected if I am to make a new one? And will my info from the old website be automatically inserted into a new one? This is very frustrating!
  • Hi @Knottie4387472,

I'm really sorry you're experiencing these difficulties, I'm sending this along to tech and will try to get answers back to you ASAP.

Thanks!
    KR
  • I am still experiencing these issues...the 2nd website has not been deleted yet and I cannot access the correct website to edit it from my profile. :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @nessiemmmkay The site should be deleted now, please let me know if you're still experiencing any issues!

Thanks!
    KR
  • Hi @KnotRiley,

I am also receiving the 400 Bad Request error when I try to edit my website. I can see my website fine from the personal link but I am unable to make any edits from MyKnot. What other information do you need from me to get this fixed?

Any help would be appreciated - save the dates are going out soon and I have a few things to edit/add to the website.

Thanks!
  • Hi,

I am also having an issue with the website. I am not able to access the new templates available and keep being kicked back to the old ones. I really want to use one of the new ones before I purchase my domain name and send out invites.

Please let me know what I can do.

Thanks!
  • @knotriley it looks like it is deleted now...thank you for your help!

For anyone else receiving an error when trying to access your page, try using a different browser from what you normally use. I typically use Chrome and I tried it on IE and it worked.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am still having an issue. I am trying to edit my wedding website and theknot.com keeps directing me to create a new one. I am extremely frustrated.
  • SAME HERE! I'm having the issue now! I am signed into www.theknot.com and when I click on my website it redirects me to make a new one...then without clicking anything it again redirects me to the home page. Is someone with The Knot working on the issue? When is it expected to be resolved so that I can update more of my page?

•  UPDATE:

@knotriley it looks like it is deleted now...thank you for your help!

For anyone else receiving an error when trying to access your page, try using a different browser from what you normally use. I typically use Chrome and I tried it on IE and it worked.
    I have never used chrome before...but am able to open up in chrome. Still can't open in Internet Explorer though.

• Hi There,

I'm so sorry about the issues you're experiencing. I'm sending your problems over to our customer service/tech team now. They've been actively trying to resolve these issues so I will make sure this all gets to them.

Thanks!
    KR
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards