Destination Weddings Discussions

Punta cana weddings

Hi all. I am planning my DW and looking heavily into the DR specifically punta cana area. Has anyone had any experience with any resorts here? If so what ones and what did you like/not like about your wedding/the resort?

Re: Punta cana weddings

• I am getting married in Punta Cana at Kukua Beach Club next may! I highly suggest you look into it. Its gorgeous and secluded! I can't wait. I have heard nothing but great things and the owner, Bego is AMAZING!!!!
  • I visited Punta Cana and stayed at Majestic Elegance. I liked it but I don't want to go back there for my wedding. However I'm in love with The Hard Rock buts it's kinda $$.

Kelly
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Hey, I am getting married at Breathless resorts in Punta Cana
  • Hi. I am getting married at the Iberostar Grand Bavaro on May 1st. I didn't even think about trying to plan a wedding at an off-resort venue, but there is a facebook group for it if you are planning a wedding off-resort. So far my wedding coordinator has been pretty good and I like the stress-free part of doing a destination wedding on the resort. The only thing i found a little frustrating was the limited vendors you have to choose from when doing the wedding on the resort. I had only one choice for a photographer, so i feel that the prices were a bit inflated due to the fact that he was my only choice, but i still would choose to do a on-resort wedding as i am not that big into planning all the tiny details. One other thing you should be prepared for is the delay in email replies. I am from Philly and maybe we are just more high strung up here in the northeast, but i found it a little frustrating that it would take a few days to even a week to hear a reply to an email. I then just tell myself to chill out and it will all work out just fine. =) 
  • I'm getting married at the CHIC by Royalton in Punta Cana. 
  • I'm getting married at the Paradisus Palma Real.  Check it out!
  • I'm recently engaged and also planning to get married in Punta Cana in February 2016. Any feedback from the brides that have recently had their weddings take place thre? Thanks! PS. I just returned from the Paradisus in Playa Del Carmen - highly recommend if any one is seeking a honeymoon or wedding venue in that area!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards