Snarky Brides
Options

Jesus take the keyboard

One of my dear church friends has been engaged for precisely one week. How do I know that? Because she just Facebooked, Instagrammed, and Tweeted about it.

In the past week she has made almost a dozen engagement-related posts, recycling the same photos and hashtags.

Lawd Jesus help me, I am going to say something terrible before this is all over.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
eyeroll

Re: Jesus take the keyboard

• Options
    Inkdancer said:

One of my dear church friends has been engaged for precisely one week. How do I know that? Because she just Facebooked, Instagrammed, and Tweeted about it.

In the past week she has made almost a dozen engagement-related posts, recycling the same photos and hashtags.

Lawd Jesus help me, I am going to say something terrible before this is all over.

I'm in the same boat. And its a small boat and I hate it. Mine is already going to bridal shows and she's not getting married for another 16 months.

• Options
    beethery said:
    UUUUUUUUUGH

but like 1000 points for that gif use and the thread title.

This. I laughed loud enough at the thread title for H to ask me WTF was going on.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I have a few people on FB that are getting married this summer and keep posting "updates" about the wedding planning. To each their own I guess and I can hide their posts for now. Aside from announcing that my FI and I were engaged there has been ZERO wedding talk on my page since a good amount of people on my FB friends list wont be invited to the wedding. 
  • Options
    But...but... No one has ever been engaged before so no one could possibly know how awesome, amaaaaaaazing and like, magical things are for her right now. She has to post it ALL to facebook because otherwise it's like it didn't happen.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I hate pre-wedding posts on FB. 

Exception: Links to wedding websites. I love those in a bad way. 
  • Options
    maeday2 said:
    I hate pre-wedding posts on FB. 

Exception: Links to wedding websites. I love those in a bad way. 
    Me too. I love to look at them. Thanks for divulging every wedding detail to 500 of your least close friends and for the five minutes of entertainment it gave me!
  • Options
    Hahaha! 

I had to block one girl from my newsfeed. It was constant posts every single day for over a year about her wedding. 
  • Options
    That would be so frustrating. I posted exactly 3 wedding related things on facebook: "Yay! We're engaged!" Then I changed my relationship status, and when I bought my dress I said "YAY! First wedding purchase!" Then I stopped because I felt dumb.
  • Options
    That would be so frustrating. I posted exactly 3 wedding related things on facebook: "Yay! We're engaged!" Then I changed my relationship status, and when I bought my dress I said "YAY! First wedding purchase!" Then I stopped because I felt dumb.
    lol I'll admit too. I was annoying for about 3 weeks. I posted something about getting engaged, going to my first bridal show and then how I needed margaritas after bridesmaid dress shopping. Then I stopped because I, too, felt dumb.

• Options
    Okay, I had to go check my FB to make sure I wasn't a hypocritical offender. 

Aside from the initial "we're engaged" post, I made one on Thanksgiving. I grouped it with a Thanksgiving post though. 

That's acceptable. I think. 
  • Options
    Haha, i had to go check... there has been two. One about getting engaged and one about finding my dress. But that's it. No more. Don't want to be that friend. Lol
  • Options
    I have a FB friend who's been engaged for at least six months, who still tags every Facebook and Insragram photo, even her (daily...) selfies, with #engaged. I can't unfriend her because I'm morbidly fascinated with how crazy that is, though.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    amelisha said:
    I have a FB friend who's been engaged for at least six months, who still tags every Facebook and Insragram photo, even her (daily...) selfies, with #engaged. I can't unfriend her because I'm morbidly fascinated with how crazy that is, though.
    But you guys, remember, getting engaged is an achievement. We have to brag about our accomplishment at all times. To hell with earning degrees or buying our own homes or getting promoted. Engaged is all that's important!

#Ihavetwomastersdegrees #condolivingisthebest #mycareerrocksyourssucks #sherylsandbergismyidol

• Options
    I have an acquaintance who would tag their entire bridal party and her parents in all of her wedding related posts. I don't even know what to say about that.
  • Options
    It makes me so sad when women do that, because really?  Is that your entire identity now?  How boring for you.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    One of my friends from college acted like she had been anointed once she got engaged. Marriage was seriously the only aspiration she had in life. Every post after the engagement was either about the wedding or #engagedlife. Accompanied by a dozen posts about how she had watched everyone around her get engaged and married and jealously resigned herself to eternal singledom, and now it was finally her turn after so much patience and disappointment! She's my age, 26. Got engaged at 25. SRSLY?
  • Options
    One of my friends from college acted like she had been anointed once she got engaged. Marriage was seriously the only aspiration she had in life. Every post after the engagement was either about the wedding or #engagedlife. Accompanied by a dozen posts about how she had watched everyone around her get engaged and married and jealously resigned herself to eternal singledom, and now it was finally her turn after so much patience and disappointment! She's my age, 26. Got engaged at 25. SRSLY?
    Gag. I got engaged at 27 and married at 28 - guess I was a super old maid by this girl's standards. Here I was thinking I was still pretty young...
  • Options
    I was almost 34 at my wedding. I probably should have just given up on life and moved into a nunnery since I had to wait so long!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Soooooo glad I was able to snag a wedding date 4 days before I turn 29...it would be a travesty for me to be that old when I got married!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    People in their 20s who complain about being SO OLD should get a smack upside the head. My friend's girlfriend is posting non-stop about turning 30, and how it's the worst thing ever. She also posts pictures every week of engagement rings she likes. Why my friend hasn't run yet, I don't know. 
  • Options
    my cousin who is getting married in august was freaking out about a photo booth (not required for a wedding) 8 months out. like seriously its not like its a requirement for the wedding relax. 
  • Options
    I feel like I'm missing the boat on these engaged crazies on my FB page.. all I've got is a girl that posts about participating in "no shave November" with her downstairs! Nobody even got the "I said yes" post from me because.. duh, the ring is on your finger, I'm guessing you said yes unless you are just advertising his taste in rings for the next lady..

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    beethery said:
    UUUUUUUUUGH

but like 1000 points for that gif use and the thread title.

This. I laughed loud enough at the thread title for H to ask me WTF was going on.
    Ditto!

Am I a bitch for being weddinged out at this point?  There are two OOT weddings we are invited to this spring and I'm really not feeling them.  I just want to send a gift and stay home. . . We had to go to chose to go to 4 in the past 2 years, on top of planning and executing our own.

I'm tired of airports and country clubs/ hotels.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    amelisha said:
    I'm quoting myself to update on this one - she's now progressed to tagging her daily selfies with #janeandjoe2015 (not their real names) instead of just #engaged.

I don't get it, guys. I just don't get it. Why does your duckface selfie in a car necessitate #janeandjoe2015?! Why?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I find the people who post a lot about their weddings on social media are annoying (I'm a "big updates" poster--the engagement, something mushy for FI's birthday, buying my dress, that's it), but sometimes the anti-marriage crowd on FB is just as annoying. Wow, you posted yet ANOTHER article about divorce rates and said something passive-aggressive about all the engagements on your feed? You sure showed us! So edgy. All the cool points for you.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards