Wedding Invitations & Paper

Rules for Return Address Stamps

I found these nice stamps online. I am obsessed with almost anything monogram but I have a question. Is it okay to personalize the stamp for my invitations with my new last name?

Re: Rules for Return Address Stamps

• edited January 2015
    I wouldn't do that. You're sending out your invitations before the wedding (obviously), so your name won't be changed yet. It will confuse people.
    --

• hsgator said:
    I wouldn't do that. You're sending out your invitations before the wedding (obviously), so your name won't be changed yet. It will confuse people.
    Thank you. I tried to tell my fiancé that and he wouldn't listen!
  • I ordered a stamp with just out first names and address, but I read on here that a return address should never just be first names. (I purposely ordered it without a last name because I wanted to use it pre and post wedding - oh well.)

So I use the stamp on the invitations but I'm only inking the bottom half of the stamp and covering the top part with our names with tape before stamping the envelope. So only the address transfers.

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I would be confused by this and think you were already married.
    *********************************************************************************

• I ordered a stamp with just out first names and address, but I read on here that a return address should never just be first names. (I purposely ordered it without a last name because I wanted to use it pre and post wedding - oh well.) So I use the stamp on the invitations but I'm only inking the bottom half of the stamp and covering the top part with our names with tape before stamping the envelope. So only the address transfers.
    This is really a victim-less crime.  I think if you used the whole stamp it would be fine.  Honestly very few people will notice or even care if it is just your first names on the return stamp.

• I actually came here before ordering a return address stamp.  I decided to buy one with only our last names since I have zero intention of ever changing my name and I was encouraged to use the return address stamp to show that.

Save the monogram stamp for any Thank You notes you send out after your wedding.  Until then stick with whatever has your actual legal name on it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards