Rhode Island
Options

Can anyone recommend a Roman Catholic priest willing to perform a ceremony outside.

I am entering into a marriage with a non-Christian. I taked with my pastor in Dallas, Texas and am aware of the dispensations I need to get. The most difficult dispensation is for the ceremony to be held outside. However, since my fance's family would not be willing to enter a Catholic Church due to their religion, my pastor said in Dallas there would be no problem getting that dispensation. The problem comes because we've decided to move the wedding to Rhode Island, my original home town. I had never though the change would cause a problem with what the church would approve. I've been told it's impossible to get an outside wedding performed in R.I. Is this true- Texas is more liberal than Rhode Island, how can I find a priest in R.i. Who will perform an outside ceremony?

Re: Can anyone recommend a Roman Catholic priest willing to perform a ceremony outside.

• Options

Hi! I just booked Rev. Jeff Flynn for my wedding.  He's Irish Catholc and an "anointed high priest" (whatever that means! lol)

FI and I are both Catholic, but due to logistics reasons, are getting married at our venue, instead of a church. 

Rev Jeff was great and we booked him on the spot.  He's out of CT, but does many RI weddings.  He is also incorporating many Catholic elements into our ceremony.

Hre's his website

http://jeffflynn.org/

Good Luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards