Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Please vote for a STD magnet.

1. http://www.magnetstreet.com/details/market/517/productId/54372? (only issue is that both of us have M for our first initial, and the top monogram thing reads like "mom" with the flower in the middle).

colors are not set in stone. 
thank you. 

Re: Please vote for a STD magnet.

• Options
    I'm not a fan of any of them. I guess I'd choose the first except for the whole "mom" thing. The 2nd one is very blah and the 3rd is whacky with spacing of names. I've seen lots of cute stds...but these aren't them. Sorry...
  • Options
    ouch. 
  • Options
    In order, I like #3, #1, #2. I would like #3 a whole lot more with different colors. Maybe something Springy since if looks like you're getting married in late Spring.

It doesn't have to match your colors...by the time the wedding rolls around, no one is going to be like, "omg her std colors did not match the colors today...I am severely disappointed!"
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    We actually won't be having wedding colors. I only meant that the colors on the stds might change just based on what looks best.
  • Options
    To resolve the mom thing, I was thinking we would each put our first and last initials (ML o MT)
  • Options
    I actually liked all three. The first was my favorite but I agree the "MoM" problem would be strange, using your last name initials could work. The second one was cute too, I love watercolor. But my FI hated watercolor stuff and turned down everything I liked (for invites and such) that involved such designs. :( Did you ask your FI which one(s) s/he likes?
  • Options
    To resolve the mom thing, I was thinking we would each put our first and last initials (ML o MT)
    Really good idea!
    --

• Options
    I like #3, but I'm partial to dragonflies.

• Options
    #3. I like the geometric dragonfly and the vertical orientation.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Well 2 is out.
    I like 1 with brown ink, it's very nice and simple...but also a little too bland. I'm not sure if it'll stand out on the fridge.
    The colors of the dragonfly one are not quite right, but we're leaning toward it. Plus it'll make a nice magnet after the wedding. The only problem is finding the best color combo. I like the one it has now, but I don't like how light the pink is, you can hardly see the writing.
  • Options
    The writing looks blue and gold to me. I don't see any pink. But I agree the light color looks too light on the computer monitor. Maybe in person, it gives the numbers some depth.

• Options
    It's blue and peach I'm pretty sure
  • Options
    Well 2 is out. I like 1 with brown ink, it's very nice and simple...but also a little too bland. I'm not sure if it'll stand out on the fridge. The colors of the dragonfly one are not quite right, but we're leaning toward it. Plus it'll make a nice magnet after the wedding. The only problem is finding the best color combo. I like the one it has now, but I don't like how light the pink is, you can hardly see the writing.
    That's a nice thought, but nobody but you (and maybe your parents) will be keeping your STDate magnets once the wedding is over. Some people might not keep them at all. So I would recommend that you don't take that into huge consideration when making your choice :)
    --

• Options
    Well 2 is out. I like 1 with brown ink, it's very nice and simple...but also a little too bland. I'm not sure if it'll stand out on the fridge. The colors of the dragonfly one are not quite right, but we're leaning toward it. Plus it'll make a nice magnet after the wedding. The only problem is finding the best color combo. I like the one it has now, but I don't like how light the pink is, you can hardly see the writing.
    I like that choice, too. 

Are there other color options? For example, I think it's wedding paper divas that has the same thing in multiple color options. If there are any other options, you should post them!
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I'm not it was just a thought. I mainly meant that it will stand out on their fridge
  • Options
    Could you point me to the ones on paper divas? Can't find them.
    I can customize the colors but it's hard to figure out the best palette since I'm no graphic designer
  • Options
    Could you point me to the ones on paper divas? Can't find them. I can customize the colors but it's hard to figure out the best palette since I'm no graphic designer
    http://www.weddingpaperdivas.com/shop/magnets--save-the-date-cards.htm

And if you order from there, check here first for a coupon code.
    --

• Options
    Oh I thought you meant the dragon fly ones were on paper divas.
  • Options

Oh I thought you meant the dragon fly ones were on paper divas.

No, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I just meant they have a lot of options that come in different color palettes.

What if you did the dragonfly in green and yellow?

• Options
    I dislike that more than the blue/pink option. I'll have to look for color pallets and try to make something similar looking. 

• Options
    just found this one...i think it's kinda fun. wdyt? http://www.newandblue.com/bettie-save-the-date-magnet

• Options
    just found this one...i think it's kinda fun. wdyt? http://www.newandblue.com/bettie-save-the-date-magnet

I like your first three options better! To me, that one looks like a bad tattoo. But really, I think you should just pick one that you and your FI like. In the end, this is a very subjective thing. Good luck, hope you end up ordering one that you love!
    --

• Options
    JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    What is your budget?  I ask because I noticed the dragonfly magnets were about $1.45/each.  For not much more, I got gorgeous STDs from the site below.  Came with attach cards and shimmer envelopes that fit everything perfectly.  While many designs are meant to put a personal photo, they have many that don't require a photo at all.  That's what we chose, no photo.  They were high quality and absolutely beautiful.

ETA - Sorry, I never mentioned.....I'm not a huge fan of any of the designs you posted.  If I had to pick one, it would be the dragon fly.  I just think you could do much better.  Please don't take offense.
  • Options
    I actually am the only one, but I kind of liked the second one best. 

We got magnets from Vistaprint and they were a lot cheaper than any of the other sites mentioned. I like the save the dates with a picture, I am more likely to keep that on my fridge personally. 
  • Options
    Magnet street also comes with magnet holders and an envelope. I did look into a giftful heart but didn't find one I liked. I'll look again
  • Options
    Haven't seen many non-photo stds at vistaprint that I liked a lot. We aren't getting engagement pictures and can't find a pic we'd want to use
  • Options
    I liked the second one too. :/
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Haven't seen many non-photo stds at vistaprint that I liked a lot. We aren't getting engagement pictures and can't find a pic we'd want to use
    Yeah. I can see that. Their designs can be not awesome. 

Have you considered doing a picture of the city where you are having the wedding? Just a thought. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards