New Jersey

Affordable Venue (Garden, Park, Museum) in Northern NJ or NYC/Westchester?

Good evening all,

I am new to the site and have been searching for the last few days and couldn't find a question like this, so I want to apologize if it has been asked already (and I just didn't find it). I am looking for a small wedding venue in Northern New Jersey/New York City (and Westchester county, NY). Ideally, we would like to have an outdoor garden wedding and simple cocktail reception (no dinner served) in the same location. We are thinking of inviting 80 people maximum (with 10+ being children) and we have already agreed to get married on a Sunday. We are hoping to spend only about $1000 to $1500 as we have a small budget for EVERYTHING (our budget will be about 4K). It will be a simple ceremony and we are not planning to have a bridal party, but always loved the idea of marrying in nature. We don't have a date yet, but we are loosely thinking October 2015.  (we have looked into the NY Botanical Gardens in Queens and the Sayen House & Museum so far - and like the latter a lot, but it's a little far for us). Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks all!!!

~ K

Re: Affordable Venue (Garden, Park, Museum) in Northern NJ or NYC/Westchester?

• Have you thought about a public park?  Liberty State Park is beautiful and huge.  I don't believe there is a fee involved with using a State Park, but I could be wrong.  The downfall is that there is no place to have food.  You would have to hire a caterer to for the food and provide tables and chairs.  The restaurants in the area are banquet halls.  

One place that does pop into mind is Liberty House.  They do have smaller areas inside to have a party and they have outdoor space for a ceremony, but I feel like they might be out of your budget, but you never know.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi!

Check these people out, they have beautiful and small venues in Westchester...

• Thanks guys!!! I appreciate it and will look into your suggested places.

For anyone else, I am still open to more suggestions :-)

~ K

• Fairleigh Dickinson in Madison has a beautiful Mansion that holds about 80 people and the grounds are beautiful.  I do know they have onsite catering but not sure what the price ranges are.  
  • Brooklyn Botanical gardens, NJ state Botanical garden (not Skyland Manor)
  • Thanks ladies!!! I will be checking those locations out as well :-)

~ K

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards