Wedding Woes

I'm just going to park this here

First, the disclaimers:
  1. It's really none of my business
  2. If it's that much of a problem, I should just unfollow her posts.  She friended me (not v.v.), and I haven't unfollowed her because sometimes she posts pictures of my brother, or mentions things they're doing that are interesting.

That said, bro's GF keeps incessantly posting about her kid's GS cookie sale (we get it: she's selling cookies), and/or variations on "Life is hard and horrible but when everyone and everything is unfair to you, then you just have to be extra-awesome."  I mean, I get feeling that way sometimes, but I swear she posts some version of that 2-3x a week.

I just need to unfollow her, I know.  I'll be happier.  I'm annoyed that I'm annoyed, but I am, so I might as well fix it.

Your turn:  park whatever here (no disclaimers needed).

Re: I'm just going to park this here

• Incredibly unfair reaction.....
    BIL got the house that they wanted.  You guys know enough backstory.
    He found out at the closing that his Realtor (who I would caution anyone against using, she's a crook and they should have fired her ass and backed out MONTHS ago)  had 'forgotten' to tell them that the house is in a HOA (nevermind that that was one of the 3 basic 'rules' for houses to be shown).
    It's not a crazy restrictive HOA, but an HOA, nevertheless.  and says not shooting firearms on the property.
    It's incredibly obnoxious of me to be as smugly amused by that as I am.  Especially since it's not like they've done anything to me.  

(although I AM glad they found a house and are happy and that there's a new job that's not hated and all that jazz)
  • I am judging a "friend" on Facebook. I use the term loosely, as I've only hung out with her a handful of times. She is very fun and I do like her in person, but man her FB is annoying. Posts about her house selling or not selling, guys not calling her, guys not interested, needing a job, etc. It's just minor things that I think she blows up into bigger things. But I am trying to meet new people and I feel like I should be giving people more chances. I probably just need to hide her.
  • I just kinda hate people today.  I'm so damn tired; I think this period has just sucked all the life out of me.

Co-worker is too needy.
    Boss can't get organized.
    Overscheduled stuff (my fault and annoyed w/myself).
  • I was told by my boss that I'm not accommodating, friendly, congenial or helpful at time---I totally get that, I do. 

BUT, his wife and gal downstairs will pointedly IGNORE me if I have a question or try to provide help through a situation.  I suppose the sentiment only goes one way...seriously.  *WTF?*

Also, sometimes I wonder if I'm just being sh*t on---H told me that I am.  I will reiterate how I will treat some people like friends and coworkers and the others?  I suppose it's time to build walls and only allow so much to be shared.  Sad, but true.
  • And my annoyance:

First paint quote was $550.  Second painter quoted $890+materials ($175-200).  They are so far apart I had to get another quote to see who was so off base.  Third guy came today and accidently dropped a cigarette butt in the hallway.

• O-face, fvck that.  

I had lots of reasons listed, but I think this covers it:

• On a lighter note, I'm unloading some old baby gear on CL.  Someone texted me about the high chair, and followed up by proposing to meet in our town's PD parking lot because they are a "craigslist safe place approved location."  Which I don't doubt, and I give her (?) credit for being safety-minded--I didn't even know there were such things as craigslist safe place approved locations.  Fine, whatever, it's like a two minute drive from our house.  But part of me is sort of amused at the thought--it's very Mayberry-ish, so I picture the police officers milling around, waiting for a call, and looking out the window to see women handing over high chairs, or pack-n-plays, or whatever. 
    VarunaTT said:
    I just kinda hate people today.  I'm so damn tired
    I hear you, I always hate people when I'm tired.

ftrMrs0 said:
    I was told by my boss that I'm not accommodating, friendly, congenial or helpful at time---I totally get that, I do. 

BUT, his wife and gal downstairs will pointedly IGNORE me if I have a question or try to provide help through a situation.  I suppose the sentiment only goes one way...seriously.  *WTF?*
    I was told once in a review that "Jane" complained to my boss that I never said hi to Jane in the hallway.  I was like "Uh, she doesn't say hi to me either, and I don't care, I hardly know her."  At least I've gotten more politically astute over time.
  • I mean---I come in every day and say "good morning" and "have a good night"  and sometimes I'm just brushed off.  I do it because it's socially nice, and I KNOW if I don't someone will B*TCH that I'm being cold or mean. 

*eyeroll of the century* or *see V's GIF*
  • PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2015
    I will be totally honest, I am having a really hard time parting with our baby stuff. It would be different if I knew people IRL that I could give it to, but for whatever reason selling on Craigslist seems so permanent and I don't like that. I would like the sweet cash though...

At my last employer, I was told that I was friendly and personable. But I was also constantly excluded from everything. And I was also told this during a week where I was clearly sick (and had told others I was feeling sick). I also was over that place by then and was job searching so what did I care. I had like 1 hour of actual work to do and they wouldn't give me anything else to do. Whatever.

Edit: I was told I was not friendly and unpersonable. Sorry, my writing is full of fail today.
  • Do you think men are ever told they're being unpersonable?  Real question.  I can't remember DH or any other male friend complaining about this.

I just want to go full Mellie on people: 

• 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    Varuna---that's another thing that chaps my ass.

Because I don't automatically turn around when people come upstairs (where I'm alone, with my back turned to people because of my workspace) and ask how they're doing or what can I help them with----it's said that I'm "pissy" or at least that was told to me.

Boy, I was so mad when that was shared with me...I just sat there and did my thinking, like "fine, I'll do my job and I'll be the best ever, but you and you and YOU are not going to know one thing about my life outside of this place".  Ugh. 

And all of that levity I bring?  Yeah---you can kiss that shit goodbye, because I'm professional, congenial and I'll do it with a smile---but those things you liked about my personality?  GONE.  SUCK IT.

Also...I know that's petty, but there is a point where self-preservation wins out...because I'm awesome, you assholes, and you won't see it anymore.   *SHOVES TOAST IN MOUTH*
  • PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2015
    No they aren't. And I know this because DH has told me some of the conversations he's had with his employees on behavioral things. When it's guys, he has to do that "hey man, you can't really say it like that" talk. With women, he's more formal. And you know what, I can tell that the men get away with more by what they say. It's subtle and I've pointed it out to DH. He doesn't always believe me, but the double standard is there. And it FUCKING SUCKS.

Side note: that previous employer was filled with people who had horrible personalities. The front office staff was so bitchy to patients. A ton of the patients were on state healthcare (ACCHS) and they were so open about how that was trashy and poor, but almost every one of them was like $100 away from being dead broke and on the streets. That place was so full of WTF.

Wrong gif for the party up in this bitch.
  • PMeg819 said:
    I will be totally honest, I am having a really hard time parting with our baby stuff.
    I am like the anti-hoarder, so I'm glad whenever another piece of it goes.  DH and DD are not:  DH actually wanted to keep the whale tub (that DS hasn't fit in since he was like 4 mo. old) and pass it down to our kids.  That $10 piece of plastic?  Then he accused me of not being sentimental, and I was basically like whatever, I remember every single thing our kids have ever done and have a dozen pictures of them in that tub, I don't need it taking up space in our guest bedroom to remind me.  Meanwhile, DD burst into tears when she found out I was getting rid of the Moby.  She played with it twice, I don't get what the big deal was.  But I told her I wasn't that hard up for $10 and gave it to her.  Then told her it was coming out of her allowance.  (Kidding!) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards