Chit Chat

Apparently I need more white dresses

So I'm going to a bridal show with my BFF today and when I was getting dressed FI suggested this cream colored lace dress because it was almost white so it was more appropriate for a wedding even than the multicolored maxi dress I threw on. I rolled my eyes and told him no, I don't have to live in white until the wedding.

I walk into the living room less than 5 minutes later and FSS asks if I decided not to go to that wedding thing today. When I said I was going he asked if I planned to change before hand.

What is this crap?! I don't even know if I want a white wedding dress why the crap do people expect me to dress all "bridal" for every little fucking thing?!

Re: Apparently I need more white dresses

• I don't think I wore white once for a pre wedding thing. Or at the wedding.

No wait I wore a white undershirt and black vest to our shower. Wife made me cause she said nothing under was inappropriate for our shower.
  • levieenroselevieenrose member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    Ha, I have the opposite problem. I like wearing creams and golds and laces. Frequently together. Whenever I wear this apparel I'm accused of going to a wedding or being in a wedding. 

ETA: Have fun at the bridal show!!

Then happy I, that love and am beloved 
    Where I may not remove nor be removed.

--William Shakespeare (Sonnet 25)

• I went to a show with my SIL when she was engaged.  I wore my shirt that said "Stay Single".  I got a lot of high fives from vendors actually, and some dirty looks from Brides.  I did wear it on purpose cos even at that point I thought the shows were stupid (with the exception of free cake samples).  

• WhatawagSBNyWhatawagSBNy member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    afox007 said:

So I'm going to a bridal show with my BFF today and when I was getting dressed FI suggested this cream colored lace dress because it was almost white so it was more appropriate for a wedding even than the multicolored maxi dress I threw on. I rolled my eyes and told him no, I don't have to live in white until the wedding.

I walk into the living room less than 5 minutes later and FSS asks if I decided not to go to that wedding thing today. When I said I was going he asked if I planned to change before hand.

What is this crap?! I don't even know if I want a white wedding dress why the crap do people expect me to dress all "bridal" for every little fucking thing?!

Tell him that you wear white when you are a virgin, and white on your wedding day to Let's Pretend you are still a virgin. But if you start wearing white every day, you might start to behave like a virgin. Is that what he really wants? Cold and lonely nights?
  • Ha, have these people even been to bridal shows before?  Pretty much everyone is in jeans and a tank top or sweater, from what I remember.  I went to two, and they'd give you a name tag and/or flower corsage so the vendors know who the bride is, I guess.
  • It would never in a billion years occur to me to wear white to a bridal show.

• So I'm going to a bridal show with my BFF today and when I was getting dressed FI suggested this cream colored lace dress because it was almost white so it was more appropriate for a wedding even than the multicolored maxi dress I threw on. I rolled my eyes and told him no, I don't have to live in white until the wedding. I walk into the living room less than 5 minutes later and FSS asks if I decided not to go to that wedding thing today. When I said I was going he asked if I planned to change before hand. What is this crap?! I don't even know if I want a white wedding dress why the crap do people expect me to dress all "bridal" for every little fucking thing?!
    ************ Tell him that you wear white when you are a virgin, and white on your wedding day to Let's Pretend you are still a virgin. But if you start wearing white every day, you might start to behave like a virgin. Is that what he really wants? Cold and lonely nights?
    Actually, blue symbolizes purity.

• I'm wearing white pj shorts.

Guess wife ain't getting any today. Poor wife.
  • Actually, blue symbolizes purity -emmaaa

That depends on one's culture. And in Inuktitut, your screen name means crunchy snow. Wag
  • I picked out a cute cream colored dress for my rehersal dinner. Or so I thought. My mom said "I don't see why you have to wear that, I mean you're wearing a wedding dress the next day."
  • There are different colors for purity in different cultures. Much of Europe and Christian parts of Russia the Virgin Mary is always pictured in blue, you are absolutely right. But in old Judea, modern Palestine or Israel, it was white in her own lifetime in her Jewish culture, and is in much of the rest of Asia.

And Inuktitut is not a place it is an Inuit language. Think Eskimo.

But that is my point, symbolic colors, like words, mean different things to different people.
  • It would never in a billion years occur to me to wear white to a bridal show.
    This.

I didn't even wear white to my shower or RD either.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I think it's lame as hell to consider wearing white to a bridal show just b/c BRIDE!   It annoys me enough when people deliberately wear white to their shower or rehearsal, but now this? Good grief. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Actually, blue symbolizes purity -emmaaa That depends on one's culture. And in Inuktitut, your screen name means crunchy snow. Wag
    What the everloving fuck does this have to do with anything?
  • There are different colors for purity in different cultures. Much of Europe and Christian parts of Russia the Virgin Mary is always pictured in blue, you are absolutely right. But in old Judea, modern Palestine or Israel, it was white in her own lifetime in her Jewish culture, and is in much of the rest of Asia. And Inuktitut is not a place it is an Inuit language. Think Eskimo. But that is my point, symbolic colors, like words, mean different things to different people.
    Dude nobody cares.
  • edited June 2015
  • You guys!!!!! Wife owns a lot of white clothes! Am I ever gonna get laid again?!
  • MagicInk said:
    You guys!!!!! Wife owns a lot of white clothes! Am I ever gonna get laid again?!
    NEVER.

• MagicInk said:

You guys!!!!! Wife owns a lot of white clothes! Am I ever gonna get laid again?!

NEVER.

I'm the sads now. She looks hot in white too. It's not fair!
  • All this talk makes me think of John Snow.
  • doeydo said:
    Ha, have these people even been to bridal shows before?  Pretty much everyone is in jeans and a tank top or sweater, from what I remember.  I went to two, and they'd give you a name tag and/or flower corsage so the vendors know who the bride is, I guess.
    Lol since it was FI and FSS nope never been to a bridal show. Actually I was baffled by the amount of women in white lacey dresses and/or mini veils/tiaras. BFF and I had a ton of fun snarking on them. I was super happy that I did not see one stitch of burlap anywhere!! It may finally have died! 

I was actually way more productive there than I planned. We really mostly expected to make fun of all the pintrest crap, but instead I made an appointment to look at dresses at the place I was planning to go anyways and got 150 gift card. There was also tons of free food, wine, and cake! 

We ended up making friends with the guy at the oyster bar who invited us to a nearby winery after where his company was set up for a wine club party and he fed us free lunch. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards