October 2015 Weddings

Weight loss partner?

I was wondering if there was anyone looking to lose weight for their wedding next fall that would want to be accountability partners with me.

It would just involve texting or e-mailing calories in and workouts, or maybe just being friends on Sparkpeople or FitBit. I have thought about asking a couple close friends but I like the idea of being accountable to someone who is in the same mindset as me and working towards a similar goal. (Want to lose 30-40lbs)

If you are interested please let me know!

Thank you!!

Re: Weight loss partner?

• I'm trying to lose weight too! I am currently finishing week 1 of the 21 Day Fix.  I finish on Christmas eve, and will enjoy my Christmas to new years break and then starting on Jan 1st plan on trying T25. I want to lose 20lbs. I dont have a sparkle people or fitbit but I do have My fitness pal!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My fitness pal works! I can swith back over to that one. Maybe we plan to enjoy the holidays (because I HATE dieting when the food is so festive!) and revisit this in January?
  • sounds good! you should add the "2015 Brides To Be- fitness page" facebook page that I'm on! A bunch of 2015 weddings!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Smart! I just did. :) Thanks for the idea!
  • I'll be joining you ladies if you don't mind. Have to get in better shape for myself first and foremost. But a wedding dress is great motivation!
    Amy & Dave
  • Oh me too! Just bought my wedding dress last weekend and while I'm happy with it as is, making that dress shine is a fantastic motivator. I'm in the 30-40lb range of weight loss as well.

• I'm not at a specific weight goal, but I am currently training for a half marathon with a goal of finishing.  The bonus is that I'm also losing weight, and would love to just have someone help me be accountable with continuing workouts when it is over and things like that.
  • Yay! I'm glad there is a small group of us - that should make it more fun! I'll see about setting up a my fitness pal page after this week so we can hit the ground running in 2015. :)
  • ACURLS8 is my MyFitnessPal username.

I created a separate discussion on this, but is anyone else as stressed out as I am about buying a dress now, and then losing weight and the dress becomes un-alterable? I don't even think that's a word...

- AC
  • Ok! I made a MyFitnessPal group for us to use - http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/101211-october-2015-brides-to-be.

Also, in case this is easier, feel free to friend me (CMcManus15) and I can invite you to join the group.
  • I was wondering if you would mind if I join your MyFitnessPal group as well? My wedding is October 17th and my fiance is supposed to be my weightloss buddy but i think  that he has pretty much given up on it. I still need motivation and accountability however. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • my fitness pal name is gingerspiceee. Anyone can feel free to add me. I'm trying to lose some weight for my october wedding.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi Girls! I'm also getting married this Fall (October 24) and would love to join your group! Would you mind if  I join along as well? Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards