Attire & Accessories Forum

Gold accessories and silver beading on dress...matching dilema!

I ordered my dress in a soft white because I wanted to have gold accessories. I have purchased all the gold jewelry, a vintage gold purse and am in the process of finding gold shoes now. The close up picture I took of my dress at the boutique before it came in shows the sash like beading in a more clear color against the soft white dress so I didn't have concern on matching...The dress has come in and the beading isn't all clear, some of it is silver. I looked at the image I took before and all I can think is it had to be the lighting in the boutique, because in natural light several beads are silver. Are there any suggestions for changing or making the beading work or do I have to remove all the beading at the waist if I really want to use the accessories I've already purchased for my black and gold theme wedding? Do you think it's going to be a huge deal? I'm crossing my fingers on finding a way to make it work without having to spend a ton of additional $$$. Thanks for suggestions!

Re: Gold accessories and silver beading on dress...matching dilema!

• I think you are worrying over nothing.  Mixing metals is perfectly fine and you are talking about a very small detail on your dress.  You will probably be the only one who even notices that the beading on the belt is silver but your accessories are gold.  All anyone else will see is a beautiful bride.

• xx802xx said:

I ordered my dress in a soft white because I wanted to have gold accessories. I have purchased all the gold jewelry, a vintage gold purse and am in the process of finding gold shoes now. The close up picture I took of my dress at the boutique before it came in shows the sash like beading in a more clear color against the soft white dress so I didn't have concern on matching...The dress has come in and the beading isn't all clear, some of it is silver. I looked at the image I took before and all I can think is it had to be the lighting in the boutique, because in natural light several beads are silver. Are there any suggestions for changing or making the beading work or do I have to remove all the beading at the waist if I really want to use the accessories I've already purchased for my black and gold theme wedding? Do you think it's going to be a huge deal? I'm crossing my fingers on finding a way to make it work without having to spend a ton of additional $$$. Thanks for suggestions!

No need to match the silver in your dress. There is no clash to wear all gold jewelry together. The dress is separate.

Like your bridesmaids' dresses don't have to match your tablecloths. Separate issues.

Just as the diamond industry has pushed for every woman to have a diamond engagement ring, the jewelry industry used to push, never mix silver and gold. Primarily so that while people might buy individual pieces or casual pieces in jewelry in silver, the pricier higher profit gold is the only thing to buy for sets of jewelry.

In fact, if you look at high end jewelry over time and now, A lot of jewelry has silver or platinum and gold, or white gold and yellow gold, on the same piece. Gold rings and necklaces often have silver metal prongs holding the stones.

The gold jewelry will be a contrast to the dress, accents.

Match the shoes to your dress, not your jewelry, for small bits of metal.

But try on gold metallic or silver metallic sandals to see what looks best, if you don't go with white shoes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards