Wedding Reception Forum

drab to fab?

My future inlaws were kind enough to pay for our wedding and reception site..its an old outdated bingo hall...and I didnt want to be rude and tell them no because i know they cant afford much...Its dark color wood thru out and we would be getting married on the the small stage they have... any ideas to brighten things up would be great...

Re: drab to fab?

• White linens, white flowers. You could do fabric panels if you like that look, but generally I think panels draw more attention to things.
    *********************************************************************************

• Definitely white.  Also, check out some local nurseries or home repair stores and see if they rent trees for events to line the walls.  If your area has an Anna's Linens or any other place to buy inexpensive linens, you could use the removable Command hooks and curtain rods to hang long curtains from floor to ceiling.  Still, I'd stick with white as much as possible.  Also, remember, once guests are seated for the ceremony, they are looking at YOU not the walls.  Once they are seated for dinner, they forget the venue all together and enjoy the company, food, and having a good time.  I always spend the majority of my budget on entertainment.
  • Think about lighting. Candles, twinkle lights, and white uplighting can make a world of difference!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards