Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Dress Shopping

Anyone have any suggestions on places to go look/shop for wedding dresses?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dress Shopping

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I can tell you to avoid The Bridal Gallery in Shippensburg unless you want a major headache and extra added stress, avoid that place.  See my post on here from yesterday about the whole ordeal if you want details. 

I didn't shop many bridal stores in the area, so I can't help you with positive experiences.  I can only warn you of the negative ones.  Sorry!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Which area are you going to be looking in?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    polleypocketpolleypocket member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I actually live in Maryland, but I am pretty close the the line.  I am getting married at the Stone Mill Inn in Halam, PA which is basically York, PA.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    writergirl28writergirl28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend starting at David's Bridal in York. They've always given me great customer service (I've been a bridesmaid several times and we've gotten our dresses there and I've had 2 friends buy their wedding dresses there and never had any problems).

I would also recommend J & B Bridal in Chambersburg, PA. It is a LONG drive, but it's worth it. They're consultants are great and so is there selection. They can also order you pretty much any gown by any designer except David's Bridal dresses.

I've also heard decent things about Pizzazz Bridal in Aberdeen or Bel Air, I can't remember where it is exactly.

I personally had a bad experience at Alfred Angelos in Lancaster, so I wouldn't go back there and I've heard horror stories about BM dresses coming in in the wrong colors and sizes etc.

Hope that helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    higgydt4higgydt4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're near Lancaster, I'd suggest In White. I got my dress there and I can't say enough great things about it. Their dresses are stunning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd suggest J & B Bridal in Chambersburg in a heartbeat.  I am from York and looked at all the shops around here, and nothing compared to J & B at all!
  • Options
    queserasera84queserasera84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not that it helps, but I have a conflicting review of Alfred Angelo in Lancaster. I had an awesome experience there, and would recommend it to anyone. Ask for Tori if you set an appointment. She was so sweet and really helpful.

I also tried on dresses at Classic Weddings in Lititz. It's a small shop, but really great service, and very passionate sales ladies.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    *wickedsmart**wickedsmart* member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gowns by Design in Mechanicsburg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found a great little shop in York City called KrysLyn's (http://www.kryslynsbridalboutique.com/).  It's owned by a mother and 2 daughters.  The store isn't fancy but the dresses are amazing and the prices are great.  I printed photos from the designers listed on their website and she immediately went to the racks and pulled the dresses.  I was very impressed.

I am also going to look at Renaissance Bridal in York.  (http://www.efashioncentral.com/renaissancebridal/)

Holly
  • Options
    MeganBMMeganBM member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alfred angelo on Fruitville pk.  It was my first time, I tried on 5 dresses and found one I liked!! and VERY budget friendly.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had good experiences at: Kryslyn's (decent prices) in York, In WHite, Classic Weddings in Lancaster, J&B in CHambersburg, and one in Etown whose name I am not remembering.  Was not so fond of Rennaisance in York, Reifsnyder's in Lancaster, Lila's in York.  I just didn't feel like they gave me great service.  I ended up getting my gown on Ebay, but I went to Classic Weddings and Kryslyn's numerous times to try dresses.  They were great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could try Weddings by Paulette in Millersville. Just over the line fromYork in Millersville. The staff is somewhat helpful, but they have a nice selection.
  • Options
    polleypocketpolleypocket member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks to everyone for the suggestions! I will have to check them out!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards