Wedding 911
Options

Wedding coordinator quit 3 months before wedding! Help!

Hello all,

Sooo, I emailed my wedding coordinator to open up some more rooms at my venue for my guests to book. I received his out of office with no return date. I sent an email to the listed contact and found out that he quit!

They have not yet hired a replacement and the wedding is three months away. Has this happened to anyone else? How did things work out? Should I look into hiring my own day of coordinator?

Thanks!!!

Re: Wedding coordinator quit 3 months before wedding! Help!

• Options
    Moving this to Wedding 911 board since it is unrelated to Attire and Accessories.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options

Hello all,

Sooo, I emailed my wedding coordinator to open up some more rooms at my venue for my guests to book. I received his out of office with no return date. I sent an email to the listed contact and found out that he quit!

They have not yet hired a replacement and the wedding is three months away. Has this happened to anyone else? How did things work out? Should I look into hiring my own day of coordinator?

Thanks!!!

What did this wedding coordinator do for you? Was he your actual wedding coordinator or was he a contact at a hotel that you used? 

Because if he was your wedding coordinator for the WHOLE THING (like the one that contacts all of your vendors, coordinates everything etc.), I'd be flipping out. And getting ahold of that listed contact and seeing what service they were going to provide for me.

If he's just a venue contact, I'd look into finding my own wedding coordinator. 

• Options
    So this coordinator worked for your venue?  This happens a lot.  Just breathe.  It will be okay.  You need to talk to someone at your venue and ask who will be taking over your event since the coordinator quit.  Just because they haven't hired a permanent replacement does not mean that they can just not help you, especially if you have a contract with them.  So talk to your venue and ask how things will be proceeding and who you can use as your POC.

If for some reason the venue is not helpful or reluctant to help you then I suggest you hire a coordinator yourself, or you need to take charge.  You can book your own room block.  That isn't something difficult to do.  You need to make sure that you have any and all emails with this ex-coordinator saved.  Check with your venue to make sure that everything that you planned with the coordinator will be met and fulfilled.  Just make sure that everything that you want is down in writing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards